Springfield XD Forum banner

Can I break it?

• Yes, you're gonna cook it.

• No, your trigger finger will wear out first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow morning I am headed to the range with my HS2000 and a few thousand rounds of various 9mm ammo including handloads and +P. Can I break it? :twisted:

The whole point of this exercises is to see if it's reliable enough for me to use to get into IDPA. I got it right here in our very own trading post but have not fired it yet. It's bone stock BTW.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Got my Handguns magazine yesterday and there is an article in there about a 20,000 rd torture test on the XD. They stated that if you were to pull the trigger once every minute, it would take 333 hours or 14 days to shoot 20,000 rds.

They dropped it several times from 3 1/2' onto the cement at 7000 rds, at 10,000 rds the cocking indicator broke off, at 17,500 rds they forze it in ice and then dropped it on the concrete to remove the ice, let it thaw and fired 150 rds through it, they subjected it to 5 different kinds of dirt and fired 500 rds, put it in mud and fired 100 rds, submerged it in water, removed it and fired 10 rds, they did this 10 times and last they sprayed it with gunscrubber to remove all lubrication and fired 150 rds.

Zero malfunctions.

I think you'll be fine shooting yours. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Sounds like fun, but I would run about 500 thru it just to get familar with it and save the rest of the ammo for IDPA. Thats lots of IDPA matches. :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
You guys abuse your XD's to your heart's content. I love hearing about it. I think I'm gonna stick to being nice to mine. :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
willbond said:
You guys abuse your XD's to your heart's content. I love hearing about it. I think I'm gonna stick to being nice to mine. :D
I'm with you. I put a lot of rounds through mine, but I take care to clean it well after each trip to the range.

It's nice to know that the XD will stand up to far more abuse that I care to dish out (and what is reasonable).

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
willbond said:
+1 :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I tried and tried but this is the most boring pistol I have ever owned. All the bullets just keep going through the same hole. :lol:

I fired 2119 rounds through her this morning and my hand is tired. I think I spent more time loading mags than shooting.

Here's the short list of the ammo I used:

Blazer 115 fmj
Blazer Brass 115 fmj
Fiocchi 127 fmj
Federal 115 Hi Shok jhp
Winchester 147 sxt jhp
Federal 127 HST jhp +p
Speer gold dot 124 gr +P
130 gr lead rn (reloads)
Winchester 147 subsonic jhp

I think there was more but I am tried and that's all I remember of hand.
Not one single malfunction of any kind to report. I used the 10 rounders that came with it and two fifteen round promags that I bought at academy for $17 each.
With all mags fully loaded I fired and reloaded as fast as I could (pretty friggin fast) and the slide was so hot you could not touch it. If I had a few more mags I might have gotten the barrel to glow. That's 50 rounds down range as fast as possible. :shock:

Bottom line... The HS2000 is the toaster of the handgun world. You pull the trigger and it pops, no questions asked.

Here's a pic. 100 rounds of Blazer 115 gr in about 6 minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Was there anyone else at the range? if there was, did they think you were nuts? :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
How come no one buys a car and does this?

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Boring is a GREAT thing in a pistol! :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jnclement said:
How come no one buys a car and does this?
Give me a $300 car and take cover. :lol:

Actually, 10 yards from that target. At 50 yards I probably couldn't even see the target. :?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love my HS 2000. Try Corbon 125 grain +P. Big bang and very accurate in mine. :wink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts