Springfield XD Forum banner

Mom was shocked

1K views 24 replies 24 participants last post by  sourpatch45 
#1 ·
My daughter and I purchased an XD9 in early Dec. and have been to the NRA range here in Northern Va. about 3 times. We gift wrapped it and let mom ( my wife ) open it, we then showed her the targets we shot and told her we've been doing this for almost a month. She was speechless, so all of us are going to the range tommorrow ( 12/26 ) and let her have a go. My daughter always sets her targets at 13 feet, while I'm moving mine near and far. Wal-mart here has the cheapest ammo, 100 count fmj 115 gr. Winchester for $20. Dick's has Remington UMC 50 count for $13-$15. We're looking forward to hearing from everyone and enjoy reading the info you share...Relax, Aim, and Squeeze....

#4 ·
Welcome from Roanoke/Salem, Virginia.

The summer before my daughter left to go to college I got her addicted to shooting! My son has always been shooting since he was around 9. We never could get my wife to shoot with us, but at least the rest of the family enjoys it.

#8 ·
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin

#14 ·
I sure hope your wife has a great time at the range today! I taught my sons to shoot when they were boys. Their mom was curious so we got her into the act. She beat all of us boys real bad with the .22 rifle when we had a family competition. She always encourgaed us to go and get some range practise because we were the ones that needed it. Blessings!

#18 ·
Welcome from Indiana!

#19 ·
Sounds like a great Christmas! Welcome to the forum.

#20 ·
Just as I promised, me and daughter went to the range today but the wife thought work would be more fun so we went without her. The range was busy and had to wait maybe 30 mins..no big deal....signed up for one year NRA membership and paid the annual unlimited range use, cheaper this way. Otherwise it would be 20 bucks a visit. Her and I split 150 rounds in 1 hr. then stopped at Wal mart for more ammo so to be stocked up for next time(cheapest and closest to range). Tomorrow we go to my parents to test drive our mossberg 500 12ga...hope weather holds up...see ya

#22 ·
Welcome from Minnesota.

#25 ·
welcome from boise, idaho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.