Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sorry I haven't posted these pictures before. I purchased the standard Talon grips for the XD Mod.2 and cut them the way I wanted them. It took a steady hand, a very sharp blade, and patience, but I love how it turned out! Let me know what you think, or what you would have done different.

Gun Firearm Gun accessory Handgun holster Airsoft gun
Starting pistol
Handgun holster Gun accessory Carbon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks great. Very nice work. I've got a talon on my shield 40 and it helps a lot. I don't have to readjust my grip after every shot anymore. The mod 2 feels perfect so I don't need it. Maybe to cover up the grip zone, but it doesn't bother me much. I'll take grip zone over... "gun will fire when magazine is removed," or any of the other safety messages tramp-stamped all over some of my other firearms.

·
Registered
9,425 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great. Very nice work. I've got a talon on my shield 40 and it helps a lot. I don't have to readjust my grip after every shot anymore. The mod 2 feels perfect so I don't need it. Maybe to cover up the grip zone, but it doesn't bother me much. I'll take grip zone over... "gun will fire when magazine is removed," or any of the other safety messages tramp-stamped all over some of my other firearms.
Thank you! I love the way the mod.2 feels stock from the factory, but I decided to try the talon and see how it felt. I can always just pull them off later.
Once I put them on, I didn't like how the original wrap covered part of the finger grooves, so I started cutting it away, and this is what I ended up with.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I did close to the same with mine.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.