Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The XD owners manual mentions other magazines can be modified to fit the XD pistol with a warming about ejector damage.

What magazines can work with the XD and is the modification really worth the trouble?

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
gkbiv said:
The XD owners manual mentions other magazines can be modified to fit the XD pistol with a warming about ejector damage.

What magazines can work with the XD and is the modification really worth the trouble?
The manual is a bit dated in this respect. With the demise of the AWB...Factory hi-caps are plentiful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think it would save any money. I saw magazines for $20 each when I bought my XD. It is hard to find magazines any less expensive than that.

I imagine the modification is to cut a XD compatible notch for the Mag catch in the front of the mag. Kind of fine work by my standards, I prefer an acetelyne torch.

I was wondering if there was another reason such as larger capacity. I usually shoot a .45 and usually think seven rounds is enough. But more is better.

I am new to the XD. I have shot mine once and I am very impressed. I am looking for information and accesories to go with the pistol.

Thank you for the replies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts