Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have decided that i am going to customize my XD40 for range use and possibly HD since i am going to buy myself a XD40 or G27 for backup/ off duty carry.....

Now one of the first things i am going to get is a mag release and de cal grip.....

For those of you who have the "rubber" version,how would you compare it to the sandpaper like version?

Thanks

Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Btt*

Come on really guys?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I can't comment myself as I don't have the experience to do so, but it's only been a half hour and some people are possibly away from their desk as it is lunchtime (atleast where I am) so may take a little while to get a response.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the sandpaper grip tape on my xd40sc and I think it's great. I have used the rubber grips in the past and they seem to get soft and slippery when it gets a little warm.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The firt thing you should mod is the trigger not the grip. You can get tread tape at your local hardware and make your own grip tape for now. Save your money for a drop in trigger kit from Powder River of Springer you will gain a lot more improvement toward a competition gun.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I'm sure a little side tape may help a little bit.

The only thing I have done to mine is to get night sights and a trigger job =).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the input guys.

I think im for sure going to get the de cal grip for myself and the XS big dot set up although the dawson sights look pretty awesome too.

Thanks for all the comments and ideas guys.

Cadet Wilson

1 - 10 of 10 Posts