Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a XDM 5.25" competition series and I want the mod.2 frame. How compatible are the two? Will the 5.25" slide and barrel work on a mod.2 with little modification?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
No, it will not work. The 5.25 is the XDm frame and the MOD.2 is an updated XD frame. The XDm is a wider pistol than the XD line.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it will. I drove to Outpost Elite guns and they have a Mod.2 full size in stock. We swapped slides and barrels with each gun. The frame is the same width. Everything about the interiors of the frame and the bottom of the slide looked very similar. It slides on and locks. The trigger fires the pin. The only difference we could see is the magazine sits at a different angle. The Mod.2 is more of an angle. The magazine does not impede anything on the slide. They would not let me load a round to test jamming. Unless I buy, I will not know. I have called Springfield Armory twice with no response.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own a 9 mm XDM 5.25 and a XD 9 mm 4" mod 2. After reading your post I swapped the slides and tested them at the range this weekend and I had no problems at all. I even took them to a club match and they ran great.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yes,

XD(M) slides will fit on Mod.2 frames. They now used the same locking blocks, recoil spring diameters (not the same springs, mind you), and barrel lug diameters.

It sure is weird the first time you do it, but it works beautifully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.