Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have my conceal carry license I need a good outside the waistband holster. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey, I ordered/bought that same model last night for my new Mod 2. Can't wait to try it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Alien Gear's website mentions a 1 to 2 week production time, but folks here on the Gear forum say it's taken them 5 to 6 weeks to receive their order. I hope that was because of the holidays, and they're faster than that now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that would suck. If after 2 weeks I don't get mine I'll raise some hell. I have a holster already from the place I bought my gun. It will do for now.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
FWIW, I just found his info and am trying to meet the dude tomorrow locally to get one for my XDS and avoid shipping costs. He has a lot of pictures on both FB and IG, and has great reviews on eBay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is he based out of? I've seen his site and pics. I'd like to see one of his XD mod 2 holsters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look into Blackdog concealment also. I have both their OWB for XD 40 SC and appendix holster for the Mod 2. Turnaround times are VERY fast. High quality holsters. Excellent retention with that peace of mind audible click when the firearm is inserted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just bought the IWB holster off eBay last night. . Free shipping. He already put it in the mail.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Just wanted to follow up to say I caught up with the stayholstered guy today at the range. He was very professional and a really nice dude too. While my pics and write-up is for my XDS version, I have no doubts that if you get one for your MOD2, you will be completely satisfied:

My new kydex single clip holster

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just received my new kydex IWB holsters for my Mod2 and Ruger SR9c.
Never had these before.
I notice rubbing marks where the slide gets in contact with the hard kydex.
Is it me or will this be an issue down the road with a scratched and marked up slide with normal wear and tear using the kydex holsters?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Got it today. The kydex holster is pretty awesome.
Thanks for the photos. Have you worn it yet? Does the single clip seem to support the weight of the gun? Is the hard kydex against your body uncomfortable?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the photos. Have you worn it yet? Does the single clip seem to support the weight of the gun? Is the hard kydex against your body uncomfortable?
I've had it on for a bit. It def takes getting used to. And the one clip is fine. I'll let YA know more in a couple days.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts