Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kinda a dilemma.
I got a Mod.2 .45 with a LaserMax Spartan laser.
Its rail mounted and looks something like this:

...Normally I keep one of the XD OEM paddle holsters mounted in my vehicle on a flat surface (nuts/bolts and mounted into place) and simply drop the gun into it. It works PERFECTLY until you try and do something like stick a laser on the rail.

So, for my IWB I have a Nylon Barsony Holster and out of the box it seems to fit fine, although Barsony told me if I sketch an outline they will custom make me one that might fit better. Told me to wait until after the holidays.

So, any thoughts on what I can use for the vehicle?
Perhaps a paddle holster I can drill through the paddle part and then drop the Mod.2 into it.
My other thought might be to get a wide leather one and simply secure the flat leather to the area in the vehicle.

I have about a 12"x12" nice flat area that I can work with so space isn't a big deal - just need ANY ideas.

It's too hard to carry IWB when driving very long distances.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Dremel Tool and a cutoff wheel? Just cut the front out of the paddle rig and since the laser doesn't exceed the width of the weapon it should just slide right it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The place I need to affix the holster is plastic. I can get behind it, so hence the nuts/bolts that secure the paddle mount in place.

I can't cut the end of the holster cause the adjust/tension screw is right there and the gun won't even fit INTO the holster to start with.... :-|

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I understand! :confused:
This is perfect...actually I ordered 2 of them, one for each truck.
Awesome...

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does the spartan work on ur xd. I got one for my mod2 9mm but the trigger guard prevented me from being able to switch it on/off consistently so i sold it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How does the spartan work on ur xd. I got one for my mod2 9mm but the trigger guard prevented me from being able to switch it on/off consistently so i sold it
Yea, this I noticed too. The Spartan also does fail on my XDS 9mm. It fits on both but the buttons don't 'quite' work as well as they should. If you fiddle with it long enough you can get it to work usually on the right side (on/off) with a press but once I removed it, and re-installed it - I couldn't get it to come on/off as it should.

So while it fits, if your willing to put up with a slight on/off annoyance...its ok.
Elsewise, the trigger guard is literally JUST 1-2mm too thick for the Spartan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah my mod2 was new at the time so i didnt want to dremel the guard. Ive been working on my OG xd9 so maybe ill buy another and try it on that. If i gotta fiddle with it to make it work, then for me its useless. I wonder if it will even fit the original since the rail is a little shorter. Hmmmm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah my mod2 was new at the time so i didnt want to dremel the guard. Ive been working on my OG xd9 so maybe ill buy another and try it on that. If i gotta fiddle with it to make it work, then for me its useless. I wonder if it will even fit the original since the rail is a little shorter. Hmmmm
My last test with the Spartan was on the XDS 9mm....same issue. I think the trigger guard is the same thickness just rounded vs flatter....?

·
Premium Member
21,674 Posts
Do they make a holster for it? If they do you can put it anywhere with the right mounting bracket.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts