Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find an OWB and IWB for my Mod.2 4" Service Model with Threaded Barrel and can find nothing. Has anyone found any nice holsters that will fit the suppressor height sights and bbl thread cap? I'd love to go with the new Alien Gear holsters, but when I contacted them (twice), they were very adamant that their holsters will not fit this TB model. Please help.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
-If you want the end of the barrel completely covered, order a holster for a 5" XD or 5.25" XD(m).
-If you don't mind the end of the barrel protruding from the holster, order a holster for a 4" XD or 4.5" XD(m).

Forget about the "Mod.2" nomenclature. In my experience, XD(m) holsters work with all variants (XD, XD(m) & XD Mod.2). Holsters designed for the classic XD work with XD & Mod.2 only since they are a little too snug in the slide for XD(m). I have all 3 variants (including the 4" TB version you reference) and I carry them all in holsters designed specifically for XD(m) and they all work very well. As for the suppressor height sights, most reputable holster makers already account for this in their sight channels but they should be able to clarify.

I have had good luck with Comp-Tac. They offer many IWB and OWB styles and have updated/consolidated their XD holsters recently to fit all variants and lengths. The XD/XDM/MOD2 versions are available in 3", 4" and 5.25" lengths to cover all barrel lengths. The 3" and 4" are "slide" models which means they are open ended and will accept longer slide lengths (i.e. you can put a 5.25" gun in the 3" holster). Also, their sight channels accommodate suppressor height sights. Check 'em out, they may have what you are looking for...

xd | Comp-Tac Victory Gear

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been trying to find an OWB and IWB for my Mod.2 4" Service Model with Threaded Barrel and can find nothing. Has anyone found any nice holsters that will fit the suppressor height sights and bbl thread cap? I'd love to go with the new Alien Gear holsters, but when I contacted them (twice), they were very adamant that their holsters will not fit this TB model. Please help.

·
Registered
5 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts