Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reviewed mo state statute 571.107 over and over and cannot determine a definitive answer to this one,so I am probably over-thinking it. If anyone is better versed in Mo law than I, Please educate me! My son wants me to take him fishing at a pond on a conservation area, my understanding is that I may not CC on government property. Can I on government property of this type or Must I open OC? You cannot just ask any LEO or Conservation Agent because Mo is a conservative state and they'll just say NO because they don't want you to exercise your rights and it's an easy answer. I Learned this when it came to me trying to locate a willing fingerprinting agent during the application process a few years ago. Any sound advise on this is appreciated! I'M NAKED IF I AIN'T STRAPPED!!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
You are probably OK, but go ahead and call the regional office (or park office if there is one). I am not a lawyer/LEO, but it appears that there is nothing in the statutes that blanket conservation areas. The way I read it, if there is a building on a conservation area, they would have to post a "no-guns" sign to prevent you from CC inside; outside is fair game. Go ahead and call a conservation LEO. I would be surprised if they told you that a permit holder could not CC outdoors in a conservation area, unless it was specifically prohibited and clearly posted at the area itself. It also appears (remember, not a lawyer or LEO) that the worst that can happen is they ask you to leave. And then ticket you (non-criminal $100 fine) if you don't leave gracefully. It is probably safer to CC than OC. You could get in trouble if a conservation agent gets the idea you are using your sidearm to catch fish. I have never wanted to stand on a boat dock and shot carp, but I am pretty sure it would be illegal to do so.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm pretty sure also that you can carry on MDC property but not in the buildings as they are posted. If you want a definitive answer though, head over to www.missouricarry.com. there are many knowledgeable guys over there about MO law and could I'm sure give you the answer you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
My interpretation (I’m not a lawyer or LEO either) is that you will be fine as long as you don’t enter a building with a sign posted stating no firearms are allowed. I agree with libertad that the worst that could happen is that you are asked to leave. And if you don’t do so and LE is called you will be fined $100. If you are carrying concealed, no one should know you have it with you anyway!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts