Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Unless you're just using the Fobus for range use or around the house stuff, I'd get rid of it. They're very cheap and can break when a decent amount of pressure is put on them when holstered. They're fine for range use etc., but I wouldn't carry with one when out.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I have one just like yours RnT.. I LOVE it!

I agree that it is not ideal for conceal carry.. It works in a pinch though, if you wear a long jacket or something like that..

It is perfect (at least for me) for range use though. It does take a good hundred or two pulls before the draw feels comfortable. (have fun! When I got the Fobus, I practiced by standing in front of a mirror and saying, "You talking to me punk!?) LOL

As for the holster breaking on you.. I wouldn't sweat it. I have a LOT of pulls from this holster, and I have never had any signs that it is getting ready to fail on me. It is made of ABS Plastic though, and I suppose under certain circumstances it could break.. thank goodness it is inexpensive!

Raymond

·
Registered
95 Posts
RoughNTough,

Congratulations. I have the full size holster for my 1911. I have to agree that they would be uncomfortable for conceal carry, mine's on a drop holster.

I also have the Springfield plastic holster for my XD. Unfortunately, after only a couple of draws, it rubed the finish off at some of the corners. Let us know if yours does the same thing.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well, most long term users of firearms, will try and buy several holsters, the Fobus for the money is great starter, and good as an abuse the hell out of holster.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same one and love it, it cheap and I have seen where it hurt the gun yet.

I played with the screw adjustment to get it to draw right, in the truck I tried to wear it on my weak side[like I have one] but it doesn't do good cross draw, so I went back to strong side and it worked fine.

The only thing that made me go back to my smart carry is all the women that commented on why I wear a gun, so I just put back in my pants and now they just smile

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I have it,I pack it.Never a problem.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've had 2 fobus (for my Glock 20 and 29),they've been great! No complaints here, they just seem "right" for the XD's, Glocks.....anything polymer. :wink:

·
Registered
231 Posts
My subby has lived in a Fobus for 3 years now. Any holster will eventually wear the finish (maybe that's why they call it "holster wear"?)so don't sweat it. After thousands of draws, mine shows no sign of damage.
To make mine more comfortable, I cut off the paddle just below the belt locking tabs. Less material to dig in to you while seated, bending, etc.
Enjoy your new toy. It will give you years of use.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I have been carrying my duty guns in FOBUS paddles for about 5 years now; a Sig 220 and the XD-40. I have had real good service out of them. I cut the paddle off right below the belt-hooks, and round the corners up and smooth the edges. I always wear a belt anyhow, and it makes the gun much faster to get off & on while seated in a vehicle. Of course you'll void any warranty when you saw up somebody's product, but I bought the damn thing to use, and it makes it much better for my uses.

The first-generation paddle for the XD sucked pretty bad, but to Fobus' credit they replaced mine with a 2nd generation paddle when I told them what I thought of it.

I guess it all comes down to whether you want a showpiece or a working holster. I have never seen a FOBUS break, and most cops are as hard on equipment as anybody you'll ever meet.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Fobus, a POS dreaming it was BladeTech.

·
Registered
56 Posts
manygunner, did someone over pay for a holster

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
handymanherb said:
manygunner, did someone over pay for a holster
Nope, unless they bought a Fobus. I had one years ago before I found BladeTech. Now I will never go back. BladeTech is worth every penny.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Funny I thought this was about fobus not blade tech, but what ever you have to tell your self to get by

1 - 15 of 15 Posts