Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want my next project to be a SPR/MK12/SAM-R type of build. Problem is there is just SO much out there. SO... anyone who has built one... would you please explain your build to me. I know, I can use google... but I prefer to hear from people who have personally built the gun(s) in question. Not necessarily down to the letter builds, but very similar ones.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What upper did you use on yours? Something already complete or something you put together yourself? This will be my first build, by the way

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
My upper was bought "used" on the EE on ar15.com. Had roughly 300 rounds through it. The guy needed to sell it.

The upper that was built by JTAC Supply in late 2006. Features are complete upper with Krieger 18" 1-7.7 twist barrel, CMT upper receiver, LaRue 12" FF rails, LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104 (30mm) I swapped out the chrome DPMS carrier it came with for another I had, and kept the "matched" bolt with that carrier. It had a AK Concepts Muzzle break, I swapped that out also for the OPS Inc. brake and collar.

While it isn't an exact copy or the Mk12 Mod1 upper it is very close. The KAC FF rifle length rails are hard to come by since most go to the military. The LaRue is a better rail IMO. I do have 2 KAC FF rails on other rifles and the LaRue is much nicer. But the KAC is what is used on the Mod1.

Check out the website I listed, there are links to a couple of companies that build Mk12 clones, they are pricey, but the parts are in demand. Depends on how true of a copy you want to build.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Bcm makes a great product and they make several mk12 uppers. Problem is they are rarely in stock and when they are they go quickly. I have a lower that has been waiting over a year to get one of those uppers. The lower is spikes with a rra 2 stage trigger and lpk ( I don't like the lpk though), the stock is a magpul prs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bcm makes a great product and they make several mk12 uppers. Problem is they are rarely in stock and when they are they go quickly. I have a lower that has been waiting over a year to get one of those uppers. The lower is spikes with a rra 2 stage trigger and lpk ( I don't like the lpk though), the stock is a magpul prs.
Upper Receiver Groups AR 15

Check out the site and which upper you want and click the "email when back in stock" option. It will notify you emmediately when it's in stock. I know I've used the feature before. Takes no time to do worse that could happen is you get an email :cool:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Upper Receiver Groups AR 15

Check out the site and which upper you want and click the "email when back in stock" option. It will notify you emmediately when it's in stock. I know I've used the feature before. Takes no time to do worse that could happen is you get an email :cool:
Yeah butit seems they only have them in when I can't afford them. Now if I'm sitting pretty on cash...they don't have them

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Can you buy the "ARMS #38 PEQ2 sleeve" anywhere?

I don't see it anywhere on their site. For just building a look-alike, that+the easily found pri tube would be 90% of it.

I found it, odd place for it on the site, and it seems to just be a re-production.
Precision Reflex Online Store: AR15 / M16 Forearms
It is my understanding that it is discontinued by ARMS. And as you found, one is being made by PRI now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts