Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forums and hope to get some advice on an issue concerning my new XD-9.

I recently purchased (3 weeks ago) an XD-9 Service Model and have fired 600 to 800 rounds through it with no problems. Today at the range the slide failed to lock back after the last shot. This happened with my last two full magazines. I was using the factory 16-round magazines and shooting 115 gn WWB ammo from Wal-Mart.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their XD? If so, what did you do to correct the problem? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
If you're sure your thumb wasn't resting on the release button:
Take the slide off and make sure the lever moves freely and has no obstructions between it and the frame.
Then insert an empty mag and check to see that the mag follower is engaging the lever fully.
- The follower may be dirty and not travel to the top.
- Disassemble the mag and check the sides of the follower for rough molding marks that may interfer with it moving up all the way in the mag.
- If those do not fix it, the feed lips on the mag may need to be spread a little to allow the follower to travel up all the way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im no expert but it could possibly be over-sprung, or under-lubed... anything that slows the slide from moving rearward.

Hope you enjoy your XD-9 as much as I do.

P.S. My one recommended modification is Don's Guide Rod. It's a replacement guide rod that allows you to fine tune your recoil spring. It also fixes what appears to be the weakest link in the XD.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i had the same issue on my XD9. i field striped and inserted empty mags and checked that the mag follower was pushing up on the slide stop. they were not. so i tore down my mags and cleaned the inside of the mag and spring. now my xd locks back on empty. Huzzah! :)

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
You"re bringing back a 6 year old thread...

Are you serious!!!!!!!!!

so we want people to use the "search" feature

then when they do, and post info they think might help others, they get the above...........................

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It was early and I hadn't had my first cup of coffee. This is just a common thread topic and this one was 6 years old. No offense intended.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts