Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm going to be working in the Minneapolis area next month for a period of about 8 months or so. I have a Nevada CCW and I'm aware that Minnesota shares reciprocity with Nevada. :)

Just would like to get a feel for what I can expect as far as concealed carry is like in Minnesota. Any tough rules or regulations that I should be aware of? How are the local authorities in regards to CCW? Any info you can share would be great.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Minneapolis and St. Paul are part of San Francisco. Both are totally different than the rest of the state.
.04 or below and you should be good to go all over the state. Guns not allowed signs are to be ignored except for federal buildings.
What part of the cities are you going to be working? North suburbs are more blue collar and south is white collar.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on the exact location within the city. I will know more during a work meeting this Friday. I will update you when I know more.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
though OC is Legal, there are a lot of places that are hostile to it. The Minneapolis police in general are pretty anti open carry, so if you don't want trouble CC is better. That goes for Saint Paul as well. I'm stuck in the Cities, and I CC because I don't want the hassle right now

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
He did write CCW, so I assume he means concealed - if so, concealed is concealed. Just don't bring it where it's prohibited (federal buildings, schools, etc).

You see an occasional open carrier, in Minnesota it's just a permit to carry with no discrepancy for open or concealed.

If you get bored and have time, swing on down I'll take you to the range.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never really been a big advocate of open carry. The only reason I would ever consider it is if for some reason I lived in a state that denies permits to regular citizens. It's just not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Don't worry about conealed carry in Minnesota, even in the Twin Cities. I do it all the time and never had any trouble. Cops have pulled me over for traffic violations and never questioned me about my firearm. Ammo is readily available, although some places make you show your dirvers license.

Before you go there, just make sure you are up on the state laws as to where you can't carry. ( https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/pages/permit-to-carry-faq.aspx ) Get yourself a lockbox so you can securely stow your gun out of sight in your car if you have to go into those places.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks as though I'll be primarily working in suburb outside of Minneapolis called Plymth. Correct my spelling if it isn't right. What can you tells about this area?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Plymouth.

Large suburb (70,000 ppl). Crime is relatively low, but the farther you go east of highway 169 it will change quickly.

Probably will want to steer clear of North Minneapolis, Brooklyn Center & Brooklyn park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts