Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a Bushmaster V-match with 20" barrel, flat top with Bushnell scope and Harris bipod. My AR is not quite the overall " woods rifle" as it is varmint blaster. I have a Ruger 10/22, love it and was looking at a mini-14. What are you guys' thoughts on the mini 14?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What are you going to use it for? It shoots the same round as your AR. Less accurate than the AR. It is a nice rifle though. I love racking a Mini more than an AR, and the brass shoots out like 3x further.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My brother in law has a mini-14 and we both agree that for the same money, the AR15 is a better platform. You can do more with it, it is more accurate, cheaper mods, etc. And they shoot the same round.

If he had to do it over again, he would opt out of the Mini and get an AR.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
My mini rocks.
Granted, here in CA no AR's are allowed (that are worthwhile).
Nonetheless, I can hit 8" plates all day log standing at 200yds which is plenty accurate for me, and they are loads of fun.
Check out perfectunion.com to learn about accurizing a mini (also lots there on 10/22).
Nice Hogue stock and AmegaRanges rail and bingo.
Since you are going that route, you might want to consider a Mini-30 as the ammo is considerably less expensive (and more powerful) although I hear good mags are not readily available.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I have always loved the statement that this rifle is less accurate than the other. In my younger days I was in a gun shop and asked the owner "well how accurate is this rifle" He responded with " well how good of a shooter are you" Thoes are the words I live by. I have ARs AKs and a mini, they shoot as well as "I" can with Iron sights, Mini14s are good shooting rifles when I do my job. And I have never had any phantom problems that thoes that don't shoot these rifles that they talk about. I will say I only use factory Ruger mags in my mini, not $10 promags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts