Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys bring me up to speed on this cracking lock block issue. I read a bit about it at GT. Took a look at mine and sure enough it has what appears to be a crack or hopefully a groove in the right corner. I have a pic if someone could post it for me. I saw a pic where one guy had the corners drilled out on his for stress relief, and said the new ones came that way. Is this true and can I drill it myself? Mine is an XD-9 service. Thanks for the help! :(

·
Registered
115 Posts

Manufactured 6/01/05 that is.

So there is definitely stress holes pre drilled, nothing else appears to be different, I don't see why you COULDN'T drill yourself, but you can probably send it back to SA for repair. That's what I would do! GL!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Once it has started cracking it is probably too late to drill and fix yourself. I would highly recommend "biting the bullet" pun intended and send your XD in for service.

If you DID decide to drill on your own LB then it fails, guess who's fault it is??? You would technically have NO warranty recourse having modded the part yourself. If SA wanted to get "technical" about the warranty you would be stuck with paying for a part that you shouldnt be.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mine had cracks on both sides. I thought they were scratches at first, but after squeezing the lock block you can see the crack open and close. The gun is on its way to Springfield as we speak (type).

BTW, I have an XD-9 Service and have never shot any hot loads. Mostly WWB.

·
Registered
115 Posts
steamboatsig said:
Mine had cracks on both sides. I thought they were scratches at first, but after squeezing the lock block you can see the crack open and close. The gun is on its way to Springfield as we speak (type).

BTW, I have an XD-9 Service and have never shot any hot loads. Mostly WWB.
"Hot loads"? Refers to...

thanks!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Mine is at Springfield. Was told it should probably be shipped early this week. Its now past early this week and no XD. I am going through pistol withdrawl :( sad

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Dammit, I think my service might have a stree crack on one side. I'm not 100% sure though. It could be just a tiny line...but my fingernail slightly catches on it..Im not sure..ugh. Well no biggie, if it gets worse I'll send it in, its not like I have a time limit on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts