Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an XD 45 compact with 4" barrel and was wondering if anyone carries their XD's in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II and if so are you happy with it? I carry my commander 1911 in a Versa Max II and love it but just wanted to get some opinions from XD owners. Also, could any of you who own one post a pic?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? You cant tell me no one carries there XD in a Milt Sparks VMII? Well, I ordered one today so I hope I like it as well as the one for my 1911!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You cant tell me no one carries there XD in a Milt Sparks VMII?
Not yet, anyway. Ordered mine about a month ago. Like you, the VMII is my favorite for my 1911. I haven't carried the XD in one yet, so I couldn't answer your post with any real info. Since you've ordered, I might as well +1 the choice.:)

Sheff

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not yet, anyway. Ordered mine about a month ago. Like you, the VMII is my favorite for my 1911. I haven't carried the XD in one yet, so I couldn't answer your post with any real info. Since you've ordered, I might as well +1 the choice.:)

Sheff
Well thanks for the reply, its good to know that at least one other person is on the same track as me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I have brought up Milt Sparks on the forum a few times and it seems as though not very many people know of its quality. I say go for it!! If it doesnt work out, sell it and get all your money back, you dont have anything to loose. :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few of us have ordered the TT Gun Leather holster. It is a copy of the VMII, only you do not have the 6 + month wait.

TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

If Tony (Milt Sparks Owner) would hire more people to eliminate the 6 month wait I would by more of his products.
The problem isnt Tony hiring more people, it is finding people who are skilled enough to produce the kind of work that is expected from Milt Sparks. Not many people just hanging around have those kind of skills. Besides, if you have ever owned one you know that they are well worth the wait. I personally dont buy products such as TT GunLeather which are blatant copies of someone esles perfected design. Wait or no wait I will continue to support quality manufacturers such as Milt Sparks and not give a dime to companies that cant come up with their own designs!

Back on topic now, so those of you who own and carry in a VMII I am most curious about the bulkyness of the XD in side the waist band with the VMII? Its not a problem with my 1911's due to their thin profile but am curious about the XD?

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
^
I do own a VMII for a 1911, they are no doubt great quality.

I just do not have the patience to wait 6 months.

I guess you and I see things different, I see that a person that has a great product that doesn't want to make it easier to obtain is not a good business person, if somebody can copy it and get it out, more power to them. I will support the one who can legally get me the product I want. (read no copyright violations etc.).

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
If you care for my opinion on the XD in a copy of the VMII, I do not think it is very hard to carry it all day. You will notice that it is thicker but not unmanageable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I carry mine in a MS VM2 and love it!!

It's the only way to IWB, as far as I'm concerned. MS is well worth the wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts