Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I buy one? I would have it shipped to my FFL and I would, when built, install a bullet button for use here in communist california, but where can I find one?

I have found the stamped receivers online in the past and the 80% receivers, but Im leaning towards going milled. Should I?

What are the major differences besides milled and stamped on an AK. Seems like the milled units would be beefier and better platforms, but then again... Im not so sure. I want to build a fixed stock AK as well.

Please help

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
there is a company out there right now that sells them, and im really really sure they have them in stock at this time. and i cant think of the name off the top of my head. lol maybe someone will chim in. they are pretty pricey though.

ORF has the milled Yugo receivers, the milled Yugo kits can still be found on gun broker and various message boards.

Product Listing - AK_Receivers

you can argue the differnces between milled and stamped all day long, but the russians stopped milliing there receivers ALONG time ago :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
The Firingline makes milled receivers. The milled guns require a milled kit, or you modify the receiver for a stamped kit. Milled guns weigh more, and only show any advantage during full auto firing...and its not by much at all.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so where can I find a good stamped receiver? Im looking to build a fixed stock, bone stock looking AK. Maybe with composite furniture being the only non-military exception.

I know AR's very well, but this Commie stuff is all new to me.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
OK, so where can I find a good stamped receiver? Im looking to build a fixed stock, bone stock looking AK. Maybe with composite furniture being the only non-military exception.
I know AR's very well, but this Commie stuff is all new to me.
page2

Its not a 'build by numbers' project like an AR...it actually takes some effort the first time with an AK.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link einheit..

I know it takes some work, and Im willing to put it in. I just mainly want to get the receiver for now and build it later. I want to get the receiver before Biden possibly takes the assistant power seat and trys to push his awb through again.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
+1 on the nodak receivers!

you might want to check local and state laws, im not sure if its legal in california to build your own AK's i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The Firingline makes milled receivers. The milled guns require a milled kit, or you modify the receiver for a stamped kit. Milled guns weigh more, and only show any advantage during full auto firing...and its not by much at all.
Firing Line Oklahoma are the only people I'd recommend.

A few folks have built Bulgarian AK74 (5.45x39) kits on their receivers ( talk about a sweet shooter ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts