Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in an order for a Mika pocket holster today for my S&W 642 (that I should be getting in this week sometime!). Mr. Mika actually called me tonight to tell me more about his holster; why he designed it, why he feels it has an edge over the competition, let me know about the wait time (8 weeks), and ask if I had any questions or requests for my holster. I was EXTREMELY surprised by the phone call. :shock: I have never had that level of service on a product before. I know the holster is not at all pretty, but Mr. Mika assured me that it was highly functional (for quick draws and retention in the pocket).

I know this has gotten good reviews in many places online so I thought that for $19 I could not go wrong by giving it a try. I'll have to find something very cheap to carry my new 642 in in the meantime though.

I will try to post back when I actually get the holster, but I wanted to share the exceptional customer service experience with you all. Someone who really cares about the customer and stands behind their product like that always deserves a little plug! So, if you're in the market for a pocket holster, check his site/products out :)

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I put in an order for a Mika pocket holster today for my S&W 642 (that I should be getting in this week sometime!). Mr. Mika actually called me tonight to tell me more about his holster; why he designed it, why he feels it has an edge over the competition, let me know about the wait time (8 weeks), and ask if I had any questions or requests for my holster. I was EXTREMELY surprised by the phone call. :shock: I have never had that level of service on a product before. I know the holster is not at all pretty, but Mr. Mika assured me that it was highly functional (for quick draws and retention in the pocket).

I know this has gotten good reviews in many places online so I thought that for $19 I could not go wrong by giving it a try. I'll have to find something very cheap to carry my new 642 in in the meantime though.

I will try to post back when I actually get the holster, but I wanted to share the exceptional customer service experience with you all. Someone who really cares about the customer and stands behind their product like that always deserves a little plug! So, if you're in the market for a pocket holster, check his site/products out :)

Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

It took a long while for me to get the holster for the same gun (642) and I had to email reminders to him - but I got it and I love it. I actually ordered two holsters - round cut and square cut. I didn't know which I would use / want more. Well I use the round cut more, but there are some pants for which the square cut works better. At that price ($19) I figured I would order two and thereby make more use of the shipping charge ($6). I am glad I have both.

Chapie+

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've got a Mika holster for a SW442. Works well, does what it's supposed to, and I'm pleased with it. Have never had another pocket holster so can't compare.

Took about 10 weeks to get mine. My impression is that he's a good guy, makes a great product, but might be a bit overwhelmed with the response he's getting from his web site. When I ordered off the website, he called me the next day and told me it would probably be about 8 weeks so I knew it'd take a while. After 9 weeks I started pestering him with e-mails and phone calls. He was polite (and so was I) and responsive during all this.

·
Registered
161 Posts
he's a great guy and it is why he is swamped with work. when i bought my first holster from him 2 years ago, he called me and i asked him about payment. he said he would send it to me and IF i liked it, i could send him a check. if i didn't like it he said just give it to someone else.

well i have carried that holster daily for 2 years and knew that when i got a holster for my pf-9, i would order from him. he told me 8 weeks too and i am happy to wait. well not happy to wait, but i know i will be happy with the finished product. i was not happy with my nemesis holster.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Wow.......when I got mine I got it within 2 weeks. It is a great pocket holster, you'll like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts