·
Registered
9,892 Posts
Reactions: ZanderMan

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Effin’ aye

Rode my Harley to a turkey shoot with a 12 gauge shotgun strapped on my back. Had a lot of people go by and wave, smile or gave me the thumbs up. However, someone called the police and told them I was riding down the road holding it. Next thing you know I had 4 county sheriffs and 2 state troopers pull me over. They were all cool about it. They did the normal things like ran my license, checked for any warrants and the gun's serial number if stolen. Of course, everything checked out okay. We talked for a few and all laughed at the reason for the call. Went to the turkey shoot after that and won twice that day. I did make it a point to leave before the LEOs shift change that day. Figuring if someone else calls in they will think it's me and only send an officer or two to check.

·
Premium Member
17,997 Posts
Rode my Harley to a turkey shoot with a 12 gauge shotgun strapped on my back. Had a lot of people go by and wave, smile or gave me the thumbs up. However, someone called the police and told them I was riding down the road holding it. Next thing you know I had 4 county sheriffs and 2 state troopers pull me over. They were all cool about it. They did the normal things like ran my license, checked for any warrants and the gun's serial number if stolen. Of course, everything checked out okay. We talked for a few and all laughed at the reason for the call. Went to the turkey shoot after that and won twice that day. I did make it a point to leave before the LEOs shift change that day. Figuring if someone else calls in they will think it's me and only send an officer or two to check.
Haha I’ve got a sheath for my tactical that I was actually wondering if I could use on just such a trip... In my head I’d look like the guy from Raising Arizona.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am thinking about rolling like this.....
View attachment 838298
Hollowpoint.....First I love that Indian. Haven't seen one in a long time. Second, I love those leather scabbards. I rode a Harley in my younger days and would love to have another two wheeler between my legs again. I have always been a big Mopar muscle car guy as well. I ran into a buddy this weekend who invested in his midlife crisis toy. I'm just a little jealous to say the least.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Hollowpoint.....First I love that Indian. Haven't seen one in a long time. Second, I love those leather scabbards. I rode a Harley in my younger days and would love to have another two wheeler between my legs again. I have always been a big Mopar muscle car guy as well. I ran into a buddy this weekend who invested in his midlife crisis toy. I'm just a little jealous to say the least.
View attachment 838737
View attachment 838738

Your buddy has good taste. Very nice ride.

When I hit my mid life crisis, I went out and bought an F250 and a brand new Harley. Now, I feel a later in life crisis coming on soon. Torn between a new Challenger, Ram 2500 with a Cummins or F250 with a Powerstroke. Still love horsepower. Some things never change, I guess.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your buddy has good taste. Very nice ride.

When I hit my mid life crisis, I went out and bought an F250 and a brand new Harley. Now, I feel a later in life crisis coming on soon. Torn between a new Challenger, Ram 2500 with a Cummins or F250 with a Powerstroke. Still love horsepower. Some things never change, I guess.
It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. This is a survivor car and he spent close over 250K to get it. one like it rolled across one of the big name auctions and drew 1.5mil. A little out of my range.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
So, how old are you when the mid life stuff hits?

I was 55 when I bought my Genesis Coupe (Trak, V6, 6 spd. manual in Interlagos Yellow). Still fun to drive 10 years later. It's always fun to watch the traction control light blinking as the rear tires hit the joints on the concrete ramps/merge lanes at 75 or 80 mph in 3rd gear. Blink, blink, blink as it almost spins the back tires. Thank goodness for the traction control.

We use it to travel in during the better weather months (tires aren't supposed to be run in very cold or snowy weather). My wife is not about to drive it due to the manual transmission and the older I get the more I think about things that might happen that would require her to drive. So, last year we bought this one. 435i X drive. Turbo straight 6, 8 spd. automatic, AWD. So many things to like on this one. I have yet to spin the tires in this one. It just goes.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I hit mid life early I guess.
Over the past 20 yrs or so went thru the bikes performance cars hot rods sport trucks boats etc phase.

Now Im past the toys phase and doing the what I please phase.

In other words getting debt free and ready to enjoy life which entails moving to the sticks and working toward self sufficient life style as in as much home grown food etc as I can etc.

I guess we all live “our” lives in different ways.

Enjoy it while it lasts is all ya can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts