Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Michigan that has a CCW needs to know that the process for renewal now takes three months. I went to renew mine yesterday as it expires this month. This means that I will not be able to carry during the time that the application is being processed. The delay is at the State level, not local. Be advised that if you need to renew in the near future do it now. I have sent an email to my State Rep and asked that a bill be written that would allow the continuation of your carry permit be allowed until the renewal application is either approved or denied.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why is it takeing 3 months I know 2 people got theirs done in under a month in detroit "wayne county". 1 was a renewal and one was a new application. They turned them in late december got picked them up mid-late January . Also you can get a temporary permit for the 2 months if need. Sounds like somebody is pulling your leg. You should not have waited until you only had a month left anyway. Should do it atleast 3-4months early just incase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts