Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it makes more sense to purchase the MIAD grip because it comes with the enhanced trigger guard but because its incorporated in the grip, I'm sure its made of polymer. Descriptions of the enhanced trigger guard say its made of aluminum; I like the idea of a metal trigger guard. For those with the MIAD grip, do you wish for a metal trigger guard or am I simply making something out of nothing?

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
The MIAD kits come 2 way. Basic kit, and Full kit. The Full comes with the couple extra strap, one of them being the integrated trigger guard and yes it is polymer. I have used both kits, but prefer the basic kit and then the aluminum enhanced trigger guard.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
The MIAD kits come 2 way. Basic kit, and Full kit. The Full comes with the couple extra strap, one of them being the integrated trigger guard and yes it is polymer. I have used both kits, but prefer the basic kit and then the aluminum enhanced trigger guard.

I second that, I thought about getting the full kit, but then decided The aluminum trigger guard was the way to go. I'm pretty hard on stuff, and I don't see the polymer holding up that great.

·
Registered
902 Posts
+1. I ended up selling the 'full' kit to a friend and got a basic MIAD + aluminum enhanced TG.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
oh, and on the enhanced trigger guard try to screw the front set screw in before pounding in the rear roll pin! (that's what I was doing wrong when I installed my enhanced trigger guard...)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
they polymer trigger guard will hold up. but i to prefer the cold metal feel.

now with or without the trigger guard i prefer the MIAD over the MOE just for the adaptability of it (even though i rarely do) its nice to know that i can adjust the front and back straps to fit my needs

the MOE just cant do it.

now the MOE stock thats a different story its every bit as good as the CTR unless you require taking every but of play out of your stock.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
oh, and on the enhanced trigger guard try to screw the front set screw in before pounding in the rear roll pin! (that's what I was doing wrong when I installed my enhanced trigger guard...)

And for the integrated front strap/trigger guard the best way is to not screw the grips screw down all the way leaving a litte play in it to get both the roll pin in and the set screw.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
That's weird, I didn't have any trouble with mine and I put the roll pin in first.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the MOE grip, I decided for it because after playing with MIAD I found that I did not like the extended finger bump on the front strap and I liked the midlength rear strap.

which was basically the MOE grip, I'm not a big changer of what works. same reason I wouldnt upgrade my XD to an XDm for the backstraps.

as for the trigger guard that will probably be an addition later cause I hear it also fills in the little gap in rear roll pin area. I find that without my gloves on and reloading that it digs into my middle finger. which is annoying. not sure if this is a rarity or a common issue with standard trigger guards.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My new gun has the MOE grip and the aluminum enhanced trigger guard. My hands haven't changed size in the last forty years so I kinda doubt I need the MIAD.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
now the MOE stock thats a different story its every bit as good as the CTR unless you require taking every but of play out of your stock.
well thats good to hear i just ordered a black MOE at ar15.com

i didnt think the friction lock was worth the extra $40

·
Registered
505 Posts
well thats good to hear i just ordered a black MOE at ar15.com

i didnt think the friction lock was worth the extra $40
That's why I have two MOE stocks instead of one CTR! ;)

As for the grips...I originally installed the Miad with the front strap w/trigger guard on it. I like the grip except for the finger "bump". That thing sort of annoys me after shooting a bit.

I'm going to stick with the Miad since I prefer bigger grips but, I'm installing the separate enhanced trigger guard.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
If my new lower didn't already have an integrated winter trigger guard, I would be getting the basic MIAD and the RRA winter trigger guard. I like it more than the Magpul one, and the MOE grip isn't the thickness that I like (plus I swap backstraps for my sons). As it is, I'll be getting a basic MIAD.

The MOE stock sounds interesting. The only reason I've been looking at spending the extra cash on one over a regular M4 stock is the lack of wobble and play. Is there any play/wobble/movement with the MOE?

·
Registered
505 Posts
The MOE stock sounds interesting. The only reason I've been looking at spending the extra cash on one over a regular M4 stock is the lack of wobble and play. Is there any play/wobble/movement with the MOE?
There is still a little play but, it's no where near the amount that was present with the M4 stock. I'd say play is reduced by about 75%. The amount of play with the MOE will vary from gun to gun, of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts