Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to be bearer of bad news, but I was cleaning my XD-9 today, and now my trigger won't work right.
I was stickin a Q-tip in the frame, and something must've came loose.
I was trying to get in the little space around where the bar that moves back and forth when you pull the trigger, on the right hand side up front kinda.
Now the trigger wont come back forward when pulled.....I've gotta move it. I can't see anything broken...only a little curved springie thing that seems loose.
This really pisses me off....I've only had this thing a little over a month...and shot only once!
What the hell do I do now :twisted:

normal trigger...

bad trigger....wont come back forward

·
Registered
298 Posts
Time for your first disassembly :lol: That part of the frame is really easy to do. It will give you a better understanding of how the gun works too. ajames gives great pictured instructions on his website.

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/disassembly/framedisassembly.html

You might have just knocked the trigger bar spring loose or something. Follow the pictures and you'll be alright. If there is a missing or broken part, ajames can sell you what you need. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really hope it isn't nothing. It made me so upset that I was sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but cleaning my XD's is like a holy experience.
I get home from work and crank some tunes....light an incense....and relax while gettin em all nice and new again.
Hell I can't figure out what the heck is wrong with it.
I'm not mechanically inclined at all

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sounds more like a sexual experience, not a holy one! Take a picture of what is wrong at post it. Easier to figure out what springy thing means.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I question if it's the spring. I think your XD is rebeling because you have only taken it out to play once. :lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]What about shooting it naked?
You're not supposed to mention that to the uninitiated.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
You just assume that Overkill's wearing pants by his avatar, but you really can't tell can you? :lol:

Krackels

·
Registered
688 Posts
There certainly are advantages to shooting naked. How many of us has had a HOT piece of brass ejected down our shirts. :cry:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think I've got enough patience to fix it. I've got the slide stop lever loose, but not out. I'm not sure how I did it.
I've already emailed Springfield about the problem....but they won't cover it under warrany. I might just send the frame to ajames or somethin....before I break somethin else.

This is the only spring dealie thing that seems loose....however I put the gun back together and now it wont come back apart.

By the way....thanks for inspirational "rolling around naked in ammo" :lol:
Lead causes sexual problems, but I reckon ya gotta be gettin some first!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Take AJames up on the offer.. he walked me throught the rear assembly re-assembly.. (turns out I had put the grip safety spring (17) into the grip safety (15) in from the wrong side of the grip safety..)

Since then I have done several detailed take-downs on the pistol, and feel like a pro! (I am not technically a pro though.. I have not taken out the extractor, or any of the slide beyond that... too skeered!)

You will see how easy it is, then you will pop yourself on the forehead because you didn't see it.

Raymond

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dangit man....it's on its way back to springfield tomorrow.
I put the slide back together and now it won't come apart.
I've gotten lucky however cuz my sister is shippin it overnite to em for free through her work.
Hopefully I didn't screw up. Kinda panicked :oops:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts