Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow morning I go to pick up my pistol (RIA 4'' 1911) from the local gunsmith. I dropped it off Friday afternoon for them to install Meprolight night sights to replace the POS sights that come on the pistols. 100$ installed with a weekend turn around didnt seem too bad, so I said the hell with it.
Should have pics up tomorrow of the sights as well as pics from the range.

Anyone else use meprolights? I have a CT grip on the pistol as well. A shooting friend suggested them, so we'll see how they do.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have a Kimber TLE, which comes with meprolights...I love 'em. Have them on my xdm9c as well!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok..... So I went to the gun shop this afternoon to pick up my pistol. It hadn't been touched all weekend. The owner of the shop didn't even seem to care that it was supposed to be done this morning. He said he was too busy, handed me my slide and walked off. WTF man!?!?
Luckily I hadn't paid yet, so now I am back to square one. Basic sights on the ria and no night sights. I am pretty pissed at the lack of care and customer service.

Anyone in NC, beware of Surf City Guns and Ammo. They simply don't give 2 shits about their customers. I won't be going back or recommending the place

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is A huge let down. That same thing happened to me when I purchased my g22 and they had 10 days in which to get it done. The owner of the store could tell I wasnt going down without a fight so he said come back in 15 minutes and I did and they were installed. I swear they are a hair off but not 100% sure. Anyways I can't stand hearing stories like that, people just dont seem to give a $#it anymore.:evil:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Damn bro that sucks. You should shoot ajamesp51 a PM and see what he would charge you to do the install. He's a site supporter so itd be win win

1 - 6 of 6 Posts