Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just bought a new XDm 3.8 compact .40 to replace a Glock that was stolen from my house. On my Glock, I had Meprolight Tru Dot night sights and really like them. I have been searching to see if they make sights to fit the 3.8 but everything I have found says only for the 4-5” models.

This is a great sight and I have read a lot of info on here from my search but I still couldn’t find a definite answer.

Does anyone here have them installed on their 3.8 compacts and if so could you tell me where you bought them or a part number for them? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is great news. Do you actually have these installed on a 3.8 XDm compact? I only ask because I contacted Kimbre MFG and the guy told me they would not fit. I would think that since they are an importer that they would know. However we were looking at the ML11420, not the ML11410 that you show on the website. Is this guy just clueless?

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
ML11420 is the new part number that is not out yet. And yes the guy at Kimber is clueless. The XD, XDm, HS2000, HSm and Sig Sauer pistols all use the same dovetail. As long as the new sight is an 8/8 you will be good to go. I have not installed the new version on any pistol yet since they are not out. I install all of the older style sights on all variations of XD`s every day.

By the way if a website is claiming they have these.....call them to get a verification every one is showing "out of stock" funny they have not shipped yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help. That is what I wanted to hear.

I don't think Kimber's website said they had the 20's or at least I did not see anything about it but I can't figure out why the guy did not know enough about his product to tell me that the 10's is what I was looking for. Oh well, his loss.

I see that you also install the sites. What is your typical turn around time if I send you my slide?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I just bought a new XDm 3.8 compact .40 to replace a Glock that was stolen from my house. On my Glock, I had Meprolight Tru Dot night sights and really like them. I have been searching to see if they make sights to fit the 3.8 but everything I have found says only for the 4-5” models.

This is a great sight and I have read a lot of info on here from my search but I still couldn’t find a definite answer.

Does anyone here have them installed on their 3.8 compacts and if so could you tell me where you bought them or a part number for them? Thanks for your help.
The definitive answer is that MR-AP-SPRINGFIELD-ML11420 from OpticsPlanet.com will fit the Springfield XDm 3.8 perfectly even though it says it is for 4 inch & 5 inch barrels. I just ordered a set of these last week, and they arrived and fit perfectly on my XDm 3.8 pistol. I am running the 9mm btw. Hopefully that will clear up any doubt for anyone else who is looking for a set of these, as I used this forum to make my purchase decision and was not 100% sure if I was buying the right sights after reading some of the answers.

Search YouTube for KenRHill. I uploaded a video to my shooting channel that will let you see these sights and how they compare to the original factory sights. I would leave a link, but this forum will not allow it until I have 10 posts.

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Springfield told me some time ago that sights for the XD fit the XDm.

We currently have 11 of the ML11420 in stock, and there's a coupon code for 5% off at the bottom of this post.

Meprolight Night Sights for Springfield XD Pistols and Handguns FREE S&H ML11411, ML11420, ML11411O, ML21420, ML11410O, ML11410Y, ML11410, ML11411Y. Meprolight Tritium & Fiber Optic Night Sights.

Professional gunsmith installation is HIGHLY recommended. If you buy the sights online, MAKE SURE that you and the gunsmith agree that the sights are functional BEFORE installation. That way, he can't hand back a set with a dead ampoule and claim it came that way.

A professional gunsmith is rarely a co-worker, friend-of-a-friend or a relative, especially a brother-in-law. Voice of experience here.

Mark H.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts