Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone do a quick review on the performance of thier meprolight sights in day? in night?

A pic or two of the sight picture would be great. I have heard mixed reviews on meprolight sights online. A lot of people swear by trijicon and im not really understanding the difference so i figured I would ask and see if i couldnt find out more about the meprolight offerings.

(YES i have done a search. Most of the old talk about these was blown away and stuff since is primarily trading post forum posts. The one poll on the subject of sights did not have meprolight sights listed as an option.)

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I liked my Meprolights a lot when I had them on my XD. I didn't have any real issues at all.

They work as advertised.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Meprolight is one of the only nightsight companies that manufactures their own tritium vials. Meprolight is an Isreal based company so its price break comes that It does not have to have the US manufacture licences from the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission since they import the vials instead and I guess its cheaper to manufacture them out of county and import than manufacture here. Meprolights for the cost are the best sights out there and are just as good as Trijicon. Trijicon gets it best leg from the US in that we Americans love our name brands and if the cops use them they must be good, well they also use meps as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have meprolights on my Kimber and trijicons on my Kahr and I don't really have a problem with either but I like the meps better in daylight. The triji's white circle is a tiny bit smaller and I don't pick them up quite as fast as the meps.

If you carry, no matter what brand you buy, you're better off with night sights than without :wink:

·
Registered
443 Posts
skygun9 said:
I have meprolights on my Kimber and trijicons on my Kahr and I don't really have a problem with either but I like the meps better in daylight. The triji's white circle is a tiny bit smaller and I don't pick them up quite as fast as the meps.

If you carry, no matter what brand you buy, you're better off with night sights than without :wink:
AMEN! :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Have any of you all heard or experienced anything that supports the following opinion?.....I asked out local gunsmith/custom 1911 mfg. about the Meprolight vs. Trijicon question. I asked whats the dif, reliability etc. He said that of every 10 Meprolights had sold in the past, 8 would come back with problems, breakage etc. He doesn't carry them anymore. He also caters primarily to cops and is biased towards Trijicon because of that. I've always heard great things about the Meps and the fact that Kimber has partnered up with that seems positive to me as well. Is this guy just trying to sell me his Trijicons (and get my business) or what?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I run meps on my ported, and the front sight is standing up to the abuse. No complaints!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Inspectornugger

maybe its the "gunsmith`s" installation that is breaking them. I install about an average of 3-5 sights a day and out of the hundreds of Meps I have installed only one has had a problem and I blame my installationin breaking them. Your smith wants to sell you what he has in stock nothing more meps have a 10-12 year warrenty becuase they can back it up. If Meps had that bad of a reputation they would not have the standing they do it would be all over the internet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the TRUGLO TFO tritium fiber optic sights on my XD9 SubCompact. They seem to be easier to see in daylight than the white dots on most other sights. There are slots in the top of the sights that let the available light enter the tubes and they shine pretty good.

I think I might try out those MeproLights on my XD40 Tactical though. Whats the story on the XS sights ajames? I saw them pictured just below the Meps on the web site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts