Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up 4 of the MecGar 18 round 9mm magazines. I took one of the sleeves off my 16 round sub compact mags and it fits just fine, and its the same size as the OEM mag. Hmm, 18+1 rounds in a 9mm sub compact...

·
Registered
441 Posts
where did you get 'em? If you don't mind me askin. Internet or local?
BK

·
Registered
902 Posts
The sleeve fit, but overall I found the magazine too tight in both an XD9SC and 2nd Gen HS2K. I like 'em to drop free. The baseplate does stick out a bit more but not too bad.

Evidently they work fine for some folks though. Check CDNN online - $26.99 IIRC.

·
Registered
668 Posts
there are 32rd mags out there for the 9mm also. Saw them on cheaperthandirt.com but they didn'nt get a real good review. Mags were made by pro mag. Anybody know another company that makes a good 32rd mag for the xd 9mm?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ordered 3 of the MecGar 18rd Mags for my XD9's - for under $85 shipped. . . seemed like a good price.

Gotta love e-commerce :D

FWIW, I would have bought locally if anyone around here had any. . .

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered 2 of them myself upon having difficulty finding factory mags in my area. I am very happy with the Mec-Gar mags....beautifully finished and nicely made. They lock-in smartly and appear to be a match for the factory mags.

Mec-Gar (of course) is an OEM maker for a number of very well known companies...from their web page:

AMT Armscor Astra Beretta Bernadelli FN Browning BUL Charles Daly Colt CZ IMI Kel-Tec Kimber Llama North American Arms Remington Sigarms Smith & Wesson Springfield Armory STI Standard Arms Star Steyr Tanfoglio Taurus Walther

I just picked up 4 of the MecGar 18 round 9mm magazines. I took one of the sleeves off my 16 round sub compact mags and it fits just fine, and its the same size as the OEM mag. Hmm, 18+1 rounds in a 9mm sub compact...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts