Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the 18rd 9mm Mec-Gar magazines in their 9mm service model? I'm wondering how well they work, and how reliable they are in the XD's. I'm always cautious of magazines that have a higher capacity than factory mags.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Mec Gar are great mags. Mec Gar in fact supplies different firearms manufacturers with factory mags such as Sig, Ruger, Beretta, etc.

I have seen the 18rounders in the Beretta 92FS and they are a quality mag. The one few that I have experience with were absolutely trouble free.

In fact, I have a couple of HS2000 mags that I need to rebuild, so if you wouldn't mind picking some MecGar 18's up for me, disassembling them and shipping them to me as totally legal mag rebuild kits, I would be very appreciative. ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you do a search there is a pretty well devoloped thread with the title something like "Mec-gar 18rd Flush-Fit magazines." Reviews are good, they seem to work and function just as good as factory. They are slighty longer, but it think its 1/8 of an inch.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I use Mec-Gar 15rd mags in my Sig P229.
Never a problem and adds 2 rds over the stock mags.
I have a 17 rd SCT mag I bought new from Sig.
It has in fine print Mec-Gar Made in Italy..

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have several, they're nicely made, well finished and smooth working.

For the same price as a stock mag they're good value too.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sorry, I ONLY use original manufacturer mags wouldn't trust my life on anything else. Case in point: Mec_Gar mags(problem)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I love my Mec-Gar mags. The quality is second to none. They supply the mags for Browning I think. If not, I like them as well.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I love my Mec-Gar mags. The quality is second to none. They supply the mags for Browning I think. If not, I like them as well.
From the Mec-Gar site:
Mec-Gar is proud to be an Original Equipment Manufacturer of magazines to most of the prominent firearm manufacturers for the last 40 years. The following are a few of the firearm manufacuturers to whom Mec-Gar has supplied magazines to throughout our history:

AMT Armscor Astra Beretta Bernadelli FN Browning BUL Charles Daly Colt CZ IMI Kel-Tec Kimber Llama North American Arms Remington Sigarms Smith & Wesson Springfield Armory STI Standard Arms Star Steyr Tanfoglio Taurus Walther

·
Registered
647 Posts
I stand corrected but that doesn’t change the fact that MOST of you who replied are JERKS... A simple, "I understand you prefer to use original manufacturer’s mags because of all the issues encountered by folks using after-market mags but in this case you don't need to be concerned because Mec-Gar is the original manufacturer of Springfield’s mag" would have been helpful instead I received ridicule.

Like I said, JERKS.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I stand corrected but that doesn’t change the fact that MOST of you who replied are JERKS... A simple, "I understand you prefer to use original manufacturer’s mags because of all the issues encountered by folks using after-market mags but in this case you don't need to be concerned because Mec-Gar is the original manufacturer of Springfield’s mag" would have been helpful instead I received ridicule.

Like I said, JERKS.

Anyone who resorts to name calling on an internet forum is obviously lacking the required maturity to carry a weapon of any kind.

If you react like this on here, I hate to think how you would handle the pressure of a gun-related violent encounter.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

Like I said, JERKS.
Who was a jerk to you?:rolleyes: People were just trying to point out to you that you needed to rethink your arguement. Quit being a sissy and toughen up!

ranburr

·
Registered
647 Posts
Who was a jerk to you?:rolleyes: People were just trying to point out to you that you needed to rethink your arguement. Quit being a sissy and toughen up!

ranburr

How, by putting one's nose in it is pointing out?!? ...Go back and read each of the responses than tell me they were just trying to make me rethink my post.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What happened to my post? I surely wasn't being a Butt to anyone and my post somehow disappeared. I'll say it again I just got 2 Mec Gar mags for my XD Tactical and love the feel of them. They are definitly beefier than the OEM's, and like there base pads better to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts