Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping someone with some calipers can give me some dimensions of the width of their stock 9mm mag. lips. I recently received a EFK conv. bbl. and picked up a 10 rnd. 40 mag., which I was able to fit 15 9's in with no mods. I'm planning on getting some stock 9mm mags, just couldn't find any locally, got the 10 rounder for $17.00, he's unloading these at a pretty good price. If the lip adjusting goes good with decent results I may just get a couple more of these. Also, what is the best way to adjust the lips? I was thinking either rubber coating some channel locks jaws or possibly my vice jaws. Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, sometimes ya just can't wait for results on a post. I did find some info on ajames site.

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/images/submag2small.jpg

Used some unserrated channel locks and cut and slit some 5/16 fuel line for sleeves. Just kept crimping until the slide lock catch no longer would engage the lever, then found the mag wouldn't drop freely from frame. Had to squeeze the mag front to rear to take a bow out of the front wall. After a couple of adjustments between these two areas the slide catch looked good and the mag would drop freely, went on to testing feed with some snap caps and all appears to function. I'll let ya all know if it works with real bullets at the range as soon as I can get in some range time!!
If anyone does get a chance to measure their stock 9mm mags I'd still like to here from you.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
manic mechanic said:
Also, what is the best way to adjust the lips? I was thinking either rubber coating some channel locks jaws or possibly my vice jaws. Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!
I put a dummy round in the mag and lay the may on its side. I then take a hammer and smack each lip until they lower the round and hide the slide stop on the follower. It usually takes 3-4 hits on each lip. Very easy.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer Ron, and thanks for the info OS!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts