Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and shot the South Carolina State IDPA Championship this weekend. It was a fun and challenging match. I shot CDP SS with my XD .45 Tactical. Here is the video

·
Registered
392 Posts
Your wife's going to be really peeved when she sees how you were using her minivan.

Looks like fun. So how did you do?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I won CDP SS and also beat all the EX. I came in 10th overall out of 140. Not to bad since I haven't been shooting the .45 long.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Assuming you got bumped to Expert maybe you won't be called sandbagger next time...good job.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
That looks like fun, you did great....

Cool that you get to shoot at a rarget in a van.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Very nice and congrats on the bump.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
SO if you were sandbagging, you are shooting expert for the rest of the year after that.:oops: Good shooting. I am off to GA for the state champ there, also shooting CPD/SS, but decided to go 1911 instead of the XDTAC. I missed my expert classifier by 9 fricking sec.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry, but this makes me want to vent about one of my IDPA pet peeves.

"Cover..."

So annoying to hear. Everytime I shoot, I get the "cover" complaint. Last time I checked 90% of walls are not cover. If they want to teach people something useful, they should teach them to get on a knee or prone.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vent away.

I will be shooting the GA state match again this year also. I can't wait. Capel always puts on a great match.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Awesome match. This is my normal monthly shooting range for idpa so this coming weekend is the monthly shoot and the stages are staying the same. We can't wait to shoot it. Good shooting!

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Sorry, but this makes me want to vent about one of my IDPA pet peeves.

"Cover..."

So annoying to hear. Everytime I shoot, I get the "cover" complaint. Last time I checked 90% of walls are not cover. If they want to teach people something useful, they should teach them to get on a knee or prone.
Let me guess, USPSA guy right? You are getting cover calls because you are not using cover properly. If you want to blow & go, shoot USPSA. Cover means that, cover, if you can see more than one target while engaging another, you are not behind cover, pretty simple. The idea is to not get shot, use cover when it's available. Sure the props are not true cover, but kinda hard to build conc walls & such for a match.:rolleyes: Shooting from cover is the hardest part for noob IDPA guys & guys coming form USPSA, that & the ridiculous bunnyfart loads that IPDA 125PF allows. There are no factory 40 that make 125PF & few 9mm that anyone would carry. The min PF is my pet peave, why I shoot CDP.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I shoot all the auto classes and I use factory ammo in all my guns. This way I can pick on the other guys for their mouse fart loads.
The only problem I have with cover calls is that it is subjective. The same S.O. called cover on just about everyone in our group. Yet I'm the only one who got the procedural. I normally use cover really well and I made a movement as soon as I heard the cover call. It just something you have to get used to and not let bother you. If you move faster than the S.O. thanks you can and he gets caught flat footed you are either gonna get the call or he'll just let it go.

·
Premium Member
127,718 Posts
I won CDP SS and also beat all the EX. I came in 10th overall out of 140. Not to bad since I haven't been shooting the .45 long.

Way to go, guy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice videos. Really enjoy seeing the matches from the 1st person. Looking to start shooting IDPA soon. Any advice for a noob? And any suggestions on a good club to shoot at? I live just outside of Columbia.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
zx.....
check out this club, they shoot idpa once a month....they will be shooting next wkend. You do not have to be a member to shoot the match.
I plan to shoot my first match next wkend...a complete noob...oughta be a hoot.
pb

Welcome to the Frontpage

·
Registered
12 Posts
zx.....
check out this club, they shoot idpa once a month....they will be shooting next wkend. You do not have to be a member to shoot the match.
I plan to shoot my first match next wkend...a complete noob...oughta be a hoot.
pb

Welcome to the Frontpage
Appreciate it. I've been looking into that club for few and have been in contact with Jack Suber out there and finding out more about it. They also have some steel challenge competitions out there that I am thinking about competing with my S&W M&P 15-22 in.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its a good club. I've shot there a few times.
The best advice that I can give to any new shooter to IDPA is go out to a match and have fun. Don't have any unreal expectations for yourself. IDPA shooters are always willing to help if you have questions. As long as you have fun and your safe you'll have a good time

1 - 20 of 25 Posts