Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is me and my trusty XD Service 9mm at the range this past weekend. I have about 400 rounds through it and so far no problems. I reloaded some 115gr under 4.1gr of Red Dot and boy were they wimpy. It felt like shooting a rimfire! This reloading stuff is cool. :D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
is that ice chest full of ammo? :mrgreen:

Mmmmmmm 9mm :D

Shoot safe and have fun.

Amen brother! :D

·
Premium Member
22,458 Posts
hey joel, how did that load of red dot perform for yu? did it operste yur xd fine? groups?? just wondered iam starting to reload 9mm also

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Shaner, I've gone through 1500 rounds of 115gr Brerry's and 4.0 gr of Red Dot. Can't wait until I use up all the Red Dot so I can get some Titegroup.
It's a light load but has cycled the XD with out any problems. One thing to watch out for is, if your using a auto powder measure the coarse Red Dot flakes cause the charge to vary quite a bit. You'll get some real light loads, light enough to cause the bullet to stick in the barrel, so eyeball your cases after your done charging them. I would recommend the same load in Titegroup, measures better. One other thing if your just starting out on reloading, some people recommend using a slower powder, Unique or Blue Dot etc... The charges are larger and it's harder to throw a double charge without noticing it.

·
Premium Member
22,458 Posts
thanks for the heads up ,ive reloaded 300 9mm in titegroup and like it well so i think ill stay with it, a few guys told me in the beginning to use titrgroup , so i better stay where i am, thanks again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shaner, they worked grrrreat! I've been experimenting now with different OAL and crimping. I've loaded some with 3.8gr and 4.0 Red Dot with an OAL of 1.150, 1.145, 1.140. I'll try them out this weekend and seen if the XD will cycle them. As far as measuring the powder, I weigh out every charge to the T. I use a Lee single stage press so things go a bit slow, but I can monitor every step of the process. I'm just having too much fun with this stuff. Hope you are too. Take care and hope you have a great day. :D

·
Premium Member
22,458 Posts
yeah relaoding is a good therapy in alot of ways , i always do it here thru the winter months those cold ohio winter evenings are ment for reloading

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
shaner said:
yeah relaoding is a good therapy in alot of ways , i always do it here thru the winter months those cold ohio winter evenings are ment for reloading
Where in Ohio are you?????

·
Premium Member
22,458 Posts
10 miles south of mansfield noorth central ohio , 50 miles north of columbus right up 71

1 - 9 of 9 Posts