Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot average; man was it hot today. Another flawless showing by the XD and ARMSCOR ammunition. I cannot wait until my home-grown rounds are ready for prime time. If anyone in the Chicagoland area wants to shot, let me know.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hot but worth it I'm sure.... :D

I'm definitely don't live in the Chicago area but I fly out there (actually go to Lombard, IL) on business 3 or 4 times a year. I've checked my blaster a couple of times to shoot with friends in KC; might take you up on your offer if the stars align correctly the next time I'm out that way.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ampleworks said:
Did you take your magwell off and shoot production or shoot minor limited?
I removed the magwell for two reasons. First, for some reason, it affect my grip and forced my hand higher up on the frame than what I like. All magwells do this for me. I did like how it feels, however. Second, I did remove it to shoot production.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
None that I know of. I test-fit 200 rounds before each match. I would say that in 3000 rounds I have found three that were a little tight. I put the three rounds in the fun pile, and they all fired, extracted, and ejected fine. I am happy with the overall accuracy of the round too.

Do you know of an issue with Armscor brass?

Old School

BTW- I start reloading this week, and will chrono the first batch on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Many of the guys using their 38 caliber brass for their open cases had problems with case separation. Apparently the web was a little thin...It sounds like they have solved this problem.

But many USPSA guys won't use it..

·
Registered
494 Posts
I must be late...I only see red Xs.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
:cry:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts