Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today after work i decided to stop by range and break my new xd-9 4".

unloaded 3 full clips, total 45 rounds, at around 25ft+.. would have did more but had to be somewhere.

grouping was decent, but could be better.. guess a class to help with stance and other tips would help. did notice a pattern of grouping being lil down to the right. but when i rested arms on table to let a few rounds off that way, it was dead on.. so it was all skill level and not the gun. any suggestions?

i need to check another range, one i went to was Top Gun in houston, lighting was bad, orginally tried shooting target at 25ft, but it was in a shadow, so moved it further out. other then lighting problem, liked the range. BTW, they offer CHL class for $135.00. more then others i found, so may not go there.

as for gun performance itself, it was great, smooth trigger, great balance. and as i expected, the safety grip wasnt a distraction at all. oh, and for the most part the shell casings all went in same direction, but noticed when i paused before shooting 1 round, the shell flew straight up and back and actually bounced off my head.. :? :?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
which side of Houston do you live on?

a good place to shoot is ASC (american shooting centers)

a better place to shoot (i think is called impact zone) is outside of brookshire and they let you work on holster draw and movement fire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts