Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a set of Magpul sights on my AR. I mounted the rear as far back as I could without it interfering with the charging handle when folded. When I look through the rear aperature, (nose to the charging handle) it is so blurry I dont have a hint of edge with which to guage center alignment of my front post. The smaller peep is no better. My question is , should I move it forward until it gets somewhat better? I know its not supposed to be perfectly clear, but I dont see how I can make a proper alignment if its all just fuzz. Anybody else have this problem? Is it even a problem at all??????

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
And do yourself a favor, when funds permit get a Troy buis.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
+2 on the Troy BUIS... Sights should not be made of plastic.
I have Troy BUS but here's some food for thought: they said guns shouldn't be made of plastic; they said magazines shouldn't be made from plastic. Both now can be and excel in that format.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have mine in the same spot, but I have my stock all the way out.

I know the Troys are all metal and tougher, but how many of us are going to go out in the "field" and truly need them to be that tough? Since I don't plan on doing anything like that, the polymer is just fine for me at half the price.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Or instead of extending the stock way out like a lot of new shooters make the mistake of doing... Learn how to shoot with your head further back.

Unless I'm shooting prone or off a bench that stock is all the way in or just 1 notch out. If you ever shoot an AK with optics you'll be pretty used to this.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Or instead of extending the stock way out like a lot of new shooters make the mistake of doing... Learn how to shoot with your head further back.

Unless I'm shooting prone or off a bench that stock is all the way in or just 1 notch out. If you ever shoot an AK with optics you'll be pretty used to this.
I've never heard of read of anyone else shooting like that.

If you can list any known instructors that teach that I'm willing to listen. I think you're completely wrong, as wrong as wrong can be. I see no reason for anyone to bind themselves up in this way.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've never heard of read of anyone else shooting like that.

If you can list any known instructors that teach that I'm willing to listen. I think you're completely wrong, as wrong as wrong can be. I see no reason for anyone to bind themselves up in this way.
Depends on your size.

I'm 5'8" and with a vest on, 1 notch out is about perfect LOP for me. Another notch if I just have a t-shirt on. Then again I can still fit into a tiny WW2 german coat, and I find the warsaw AK stocks comfortable.

What I'm talking about is, I see so many people who haven't really used an AR15 before, just slide the stock out all the way then stretch their neck out as far as possible to look down the sights. Keep the stock in as far as possible and find a comfortable spot for your head. With my nose literally touching the charging handle, my rear sight is still clearly visible. I use troy BUIS and have both of them at the furthest extent they can go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts