Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
With the new XD Gear stuff coming out you can get a mag larger than 10 rounds for the 9mm SubCompact. What it is, is a mag for a service or tactical (15 rounds) that has a special sleeve attached to the bottom of it so that it matches up with the bottom of the SubCompact. It actually looks pretty good. You have to order it from Springfield Armory as far as I know that's the only place that has them. Bad news is, you have to wait somewhere around 60 days to get them. I just ordered two of the mags and an XD Gear holster. 60 day minimum wait. Nothing like trying to buy accesories for one of the most popular pistols on the market at this time. With the sleeve on the mag the SubCompact looks like a full size grip with the shorty 3 inch barrel/slide. You can also use .40 cal mags in the 9mm gun. That way you can get several more 9's in a .40 mag. You have to do some tweaking on the mag lips and follower to get the 9's to feed proper out of the .40 mag. ajames has a lot of info on that. A complete explanation of how to get it done. Good luck, and have a little patience. I know I'm going to have to wait to get my stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts