Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the Maxpedition Jumbo vs Fatboy Series.
Besides CCW I also do photography and would like to be able to carry a pro 70-200mm lens.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
The main compartment of the Jumbo has a little more room. A buddy of mine uses the 10X4 and 12X5 Nalgene bottle holders for his lenses. You might want to think about a pack that allows you to attach one or more of the bottle holders to the MOLLE webbing. I have a Colossus that's pretty good for that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I got the jumbo so that it would accommodate my XDM .45 in the holster that they have for those packs. The Fatboy isn't quite big enough for that. I suggest you go where they will allow you to check that out with your own weapon of choice. Luckily, mine was at the local gun range, and they let me see how the various guns fit in each. At that time I was going for the Fatboy till I couln't zip the compartment closed. They both have lots of useful features, and come in "S-type configurations", (left handed) for those that need it, like me.
Look em over good, and decide your needs. What didn't work for me might just fit your pistol!:p

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Here are a few pics of my Colossus with one of the 10X4 water bottle holders attached. You could attach another one to the other side if you wanted to be able to carry two long lenses. I have a 3X5 zipper pocket and a battery carrier pouch on the other side of mine.

Overview

75-300 Zoom Lens in Water Bottle Holder

The Inside is Padded

There are two concealed carry pockets - one with a zipper and one with a snap and Velcro.

Zipper Pocket with Glock 17

Snap/Velcro Pocket with Glock 17

Hope the pics help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts