Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some posts lately rumoring of a match grade barrel being released for an XD. What type of performance increase do you think we would gain with the 3". 4", and 5" barrels?

·
Registered
102 Posts
On my service model 357 Sig XD, with the factory barrel, I don't think it could be improved. Ten shots will go into a ragged hole at 15 yards, off a sandbag rest, if I do my part. The gun shoots much better than I'm capable of with my aging eyes.

Fred

·
Registered
276 Posts
We offer both semi drop-in and oversized match barrels for the XD. Both will deliver a measurable improvement in accuracy over the stock barrels.

How much of a difference depends on how good your stock barrel will shoot. But, with the oversized match barrel properly fit, with good quality ammo, you should easily get groups under 1.5" at 25 yards, and under 3.0" at 50 yards. Of course this requires you to do your part as well....

Irv Stone's personal XD that he uses in USPSA L-10 competition will regularly shoot 1" groups at 25 yards using factory Winchester 180gr 40S&W.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bob,

I talked to Irv at the SHOT Show about my Bar-Sto .40 barrel for my 357 Sig, but I wish I had paid more attention to what you had in your display. Do you have a trigger in the works for the XD? If so, what does it entail?

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, we are currently finishing up the CNC program for a replacement trigger bar for the XD which will be a drop in part. That combined with a little work with a stone on the sear makes for a very nice, and very short, XD trigger.

For info on the XD parts go to www.barsto.com.

Actually I just recently retired from the local sheriffs department, and have been building guns again. I have been working out of Irv's shop and was working on a web site. However Irv and I have managed to put together a deal on another project with another company out of Texas which will be announced in about 6 weeks, so for now no web site.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Bob Hostetter said:
Yes, we are currently finishing up the CNC program for a replacement trigger bar for the XD which will be a drop in part. That combined with a little work with a stone on the sear makes for a very nice, and very short, XD trigger.

For info on the XD parts go to http://www.barsto.com.

Actually I just recently retired from the local sheriffs department, and have been building guns again. I have been working out of Irv's shop and was working on a web site. However Irv and I have managed to put together a deal on another project with another company out of Texas which will be announced in about 6 weeks, so for now no web site.
Fixed the link

1 - 10 of 10 Posts