Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi gang,

I was reading an article in one of the gun mags which basically said a "match grade barrel" really doesn't make the XDM any more accurate than the XD

They also tested the trigger pulls and resets and found them to be basically the same.

They said that they liked the XDM, but they like the entire XD line

So, I thought I would put this out for comments.

I think the XDM is a better looking gun, way better.....But 200 bucks more for looks ????????

So, now I am thinking of a 40 cal XD and get a trigger job and new sights on it.

BUT the XDM is a way cooler looking gun !!!!

Just some thoughts...

Take care Jack

·
Registered
17 Posts
I purchased an XDM .40 recently. I was practicing with it and at over 25' I put 30 rounds out of 32 in the "10 ring". Actually, there was just one big hole in the middle when I finished. The other two bullets were still
9's.

I am sure there are better shooters but I was extremely impressed with the XDM. I believe it is more accurate than my other XD .40.

This was not a scientific test but I shot better with it than any other handgun I have shot;
Including the Kimber 1911, Glocks, H+K's, Smiths, Sigs and others. Not to say the others are not more accurate, it's just I shot my best with the XDM.

Hurrel

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The triggers are very different from a standard XD. I can't say for sure on the barrels. The two biggest things I like are the new slide profile and the barrel length. The XDM balances much better than the 4" or 5" XD.

ranburr

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered the XDm 9mm Monday. It should deliver to my local FFL holder tomorrow. I don't know if it is a better gun, but I like the look of the XDm 40 and the price of the 9 ammo. I will let you know how it shoots after the weekend, if it does make it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts