Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than Bar Sto, is there anyone else that makes a good match grade bbl? Bar Sto's website said they were in stock, so I placed my order last week but just received a call telling me they didn't know what bbl I wanted even though their site has a specific part number selection for the tactical 9 and you have to select drop in or match. Then I was told that they were out of stock and backordered 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
http://www.pistol-gear.com sells EFK Fire Dragon barrels might want to check with them, some of the other sponsors may also carry barrels (not sure).

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I'm not sure if Pistol-Gear sells match barrels. If you are looking for a match barrel and Pistol-gear doesn't have it you could check with http://www.efkfiredragon.com.

Krackels

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
All of our Barrels are National Match.
Unlike some of our competitors, every barrel we sell is a National Match. No FFL required. Legal to purchase in all 50 states. No special licensing required to purchase.
NVM, EFK said all of their barrels are match quality. So I guess pistol-gear does sell match barrels.

Krackels

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered a semidrop-in barrel from BarSto for my Tactical 9. I got the same phone call verifying what gun I wanted it for. I had the barrel on my doorstep two weeks after the call, and could have had it within 1 week if I had wanted to pay the overnight shipping. This was roughly 6 weeks ago.

It did drop in but fits very tight. Group sizes are now only about 1/3 what they were previously. I've had no malfunctions, and I am happy with my choice. BarSto has a peerless reputation. The cost is a little bit more, but I don't see any good reason to scrimp over $50 when the goal is improved accuracy.

I would like to see a side-by-side comparison between EFK and BarSto. I have the BarSto. If anyone wants to donate an EFK, I would shoot them both in the same gun and post the results. (Not expecting any takers... but you never know.)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Guys right now we are having trouble keeping up with the orders for XD barrels. We are making a LARGE run of them as we speak that should allow us to catch up. Sorry for any delays............

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well then update your website so that we know about the wait. I too got a phone call asking what barrel I ordered when it is clear on the order page. Kinda of worries me about Bar-Sto. I to am interested in the new trigger parts. A shooter needs confidence in His gun and the parts he puts into it. Customer service is part of that confidence builder.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jarvis does not currently offer an XD bbl. Spoke w/ them before placing my order w/ BarSto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts