Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y’all,

just picked up a brand new 336W and am looking for advice with accessories: recoil pads, slings, sling mounts stock cartridge holders.

Any advise and experience would be gratefully received.

Watching to many John Wayne movies. Had to get one. ;)

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
You shouldn’t need a recoil pad.

As for the rest? It's pretty much individual preference...you going cowboy, practical, “retro-tactical” (google “tactical lever action”—it's a thing, ISYN)...in other words, end use is going to dictate what you want.

But one thing I would definitely add: XS sights. Ghost ring rear and whatever style front you prefer (I like the white-line ramp).

·
Registered
566 Posts
There are quite a few cartridge holders out there, especially along the traditional line. Diamond D makes some nice, albeit somewhat spendy, stuff. Levergun Leatherworks looks very nice, too. I don't actually have personal experience with those companies, but it's where I would start if I went the traditional route.

I'm one of those weirdos that @Cuda66 mentions that went "tactical cowboy", lol. I have an 1894CSBL that I put a Midwest Industries MLOK forearm on. I do love it, though :-D.

I forgot to mention Ranger Point Precision. They make quite a few mechanical accessories that can help your levergun run better such as a lighter loading gate, aluminum mag follower, etc.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
There are quite a few cartridge holders out there, especially along the traditional line. Diamond D makes some nice, albeit somewhat spendy, stuff. Levergun Leatherworks looks very nice, too. I don't actually have personal experience with those companies, but it's where I would start if I went the traditional route.

I'm one of those weirdos that @Cuda66 mentions that went "tactical cowboy", lol. I have an 1894CSBL that I put a Midwest Industries MLOK forearm on. I do love it, though :-D.

I forgot to mention Ranger Point Precision. They make quite a few mechanical accessories that can help your levergun run better such as a lighter loading gate, aluminum mag follower, etc.
I see nothing wrong with the tactical lever action...for all intents and purposes, a levergun was the original assault rifle...

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have a Marlin 1895 SBL in 45/70. Stainless with laminated stock, xs rail with aperture site and a detachable scout scope. Great rifle and it makes me grin every time I fire it.

There is a Marlin owners forum. Lots of knowledge and info there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts