Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of different loose ammo for my 308 and I do not want to get it mixed up. Anyone mark their ammo with something?

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Hey Buck, I dunno what your talking about as "loose", I have at least 10 MTM cases in each caliber that own/load. Sometimes you can find them on sale for $2.00 or so. They have both the 50 and 100 count boxes. Mine are all the 100 size, I figure that I can reuse the plastic holders that come in the commercial bullets if I need a box of fifty.

Another subject: I've been reading the site that you have referenced at the bottom of your post: The Right to Keep and Bear Arms just want to say "Thanks"!

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Buck, I dunno what your talking about as "loose", I have at least 10 MTM cases in each caliber that own/load. Sometimes you can find them on sale for $2.00 or so. They have both the 50 and 100 count boxes. Mine are all the 100 size, I figure that I can reuse the plastic holders that come in the commercial bullets if I need a box of fifty.

Another subject: I've been reading the site that you have referenced at the bottom of your post: The Right to Keep and Bear Arms just want to say "Thanks"!
Hey bro. Yeah I should have explained a little further. I have approx. 3000 rounds of 7.62x51 / 308. Not all of it is from the same mfg and there are different grain weights (i.e. 146gr / 150gr / etc) Some are/were in factory boxes where as others came loose in cans of 500. My concern is getting everything all jumbled up. I thought about just getting some dark marking ink and dipping the tips in it. This way I could identify which were the German 146gr / Winchester 150gr. etc.

I am happy to hear that someone actually read that! :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts