Springfield XD Forum banner

Manual?

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  msidner 
#1 ·
Didn't you mention at one time that you were putting together an armorer's manual of some sort? How is the progress coming on this, and when do you anticipate it will be finished? Have you thought of a price?

#2 ·
Yes I am working on that, I was put on delay by the idea that I would buy a cutaway verson of the XD to make it even better well after a lot of runaround it turns out SA will not be releasing them this year after all. So I am stuck trying to be really creative. I would estimate that a retail version should be ready in about two weeks. And as of price it will be vary fair, honest.

#7 ·
Well its done and at the publisher they are going to print it, but gun manuals are not high priority for them. I have been playing around with the idea of a DVD manual with some movie clips, moving gif images etc. Now this is somomething I can print myself one disk at a time.

#8 ·
i am interested in hs2000, but i dont know which is good for me, im civillan and id like to use it in competetion.
what model can you recommed to.
which is the better one? the ported barrel or the standard model?
what is the difference between the 4" inches ported barrel and tha standard? and what is tha advantage of ported and non ported barrel when it comes to bullet velocity and coil spring, THANK YOU. HOPING YOUR REPLY.
REUEL T. MONFORTE OF Philippines

#9 ·
Well James whatever form the XD Manual takes count me in !!!!!!!! :wink:

#11 ·
0403805031, REUEL T. MONFORTE OF Philippines -

Reuel, your log on name looks exactly like a Social Security
Number with a "0" added to the frontside. That would be a
bad move due to identity theft around these parts. In fact,
by dropping the "0", it would identify the SSN as one who
lives/lived in Ohio or Kentucky when it was issued.

Just an observation. By the way, welcome to the forum.

Ed

#12 ·
Keep us updates on when it is available, and the price when you decide on that. Thanks!

#16 ·
Yep, looking forward to a manual here too. And hey, a video is even better! :)

Matthew

#18 ·
Yep, you still have an interested group on here lookin for that manual :) Heck I'll buy a copy in PDF if you've got it soft copy.

Matthew

#19 ·
ajamesp51 said:
Well its done and at the publisher they are going to print it, but gun manuals are not high priority for them. I have been playing around with the idea of a DVD manual with some movie clips, moving gif images etc. Now this is somomething I can print myself one disk at a time.
That's a good idea. Nuthin better than video clips for learning.

#20 ·
Just curious if there's any new info? Granted I know you're doing a lot of stuff now with the refinishing, just curious if this is still on the "up coming" projects?

Matthew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.