Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn’t have a chance to shoot it but was pretty impressed. The meprolight dot sight is pretty cool, the dot is green and bright and not too big. Seemed really easy to acquire. No slide release, you have to sling shot it, everything smoothed and rounded.

Looks to be a good candidate for pocket carry, which is what I was thinking of. Smaller than a PM9 that I used to pocket carry, bigger than the LCP2 I use for pocket carry now. But not much bigger and a 9 and more rounds.

I may be in the market for one.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
365 SAS in the running with a Hellcat?

Or one of each?
Well here’s my odd thought process (since you asked).
If I get a functioning 15 round mag for my Glock 48 that’s my primary carry, they should ship this month so I’ll know soon.

if I don’t get a reliable 15 round mag for my Glock I’m looking at the 365 XL or the Hellcat. I need to see both to decide.

The SAS is an option for a replacement pocket carry gun. The grip of the 365 is too small for me to make it a regular carry gun, I prefer a larger grip for IWB carry. But for pocket carry it’s pretty interesting.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Well here’s my odd thought process (since you asked).
If I get a functioning 15 round mag for my Glock 48 that’s my primary carry, they should ship this month so I’ll know soon.

if I don’t get a reliable 15 round mag for my Glock I’m looking at the 365 XL or the Hellcat. I need to see both to decide.

The SAS is an option for a replacement pocket carry gun. The grip of the 365 is too small for me to make it a regular carry gun, I prefer a larger grip for IWB carry. But for pocket carry it’s pretty interesting.
SAS slide and XL grip? That’s what I’m leaning towards.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
P365 SAS

Link, cause, I did not recognize the model by name...FYI.
Very interesting.
I didn't either so thank you.
The variants are making me glad I didn't jump on board the P365 train right away as they seem to keep making real-life improvements vs adding marketing gimmicks.
I haven't lost interest in this one yet, not by a long shot. To the contrary, I want one more than now than I did before... I think that iron is gonna be red hot come Black Friday.

Reactions: Acheron2010

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't either so thank you.
The variants are making me glad I didn't jump on board the P365 train right away as they seem to keep making real-life improvements vs adding marketing gimmicks.
I haven't lost interest in this one yet, not by a long shot. To the contrary, I want one more than now than I did before... I think that iron is gonna be red hot come Black Friday.
Local dealer is having a Sig factory day this weekend. If available the SAS model might come home with me, a Vedder pocket holster and I retire the LCP2 as a pocket carry.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I’d like to see (or just build myself) an SAS slide on an XL, with a threaded barrel and PMM micro comp. feels like it would be a good combo.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I have had a P365 since March 2018 with 2500 rounds through it. It's like a member of the family now so I won't ever part with it. However the SAS has really peaked my interest because of the mono sight. I think for older eyes it is going to be a winner because of having only one point of focus with that sight. So, who knows I may have to add one to my family.

Edit: I am not interested in the ported barrel on the current SAS, so I will wait until it is offered without the port. My best option would be to buy the slide only, if it ever becomes available, and put the slide on My P365. May be waiting for a while.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have had a P365 since March 2018 with 2500 rounds through it. It's like a member of the family now so I won't ever part with it. However the SAS has really peaked my interest because of the mono sight. I think for older eyes it is going to be a winner because of having only one point of focus with that sight. So, who knows I may have to add one to my family.

Edit: I am not interested in the ported barrel on the current SAS, so I will wait until it is offered without the port. My best option would be to buy the slide only, if it ever becomes available, and put the slide on My P365. May be waiting for a while.
One of the companies that posts here posted a video if them milling slides for that sight a week or two ago. They did not show/mention the 365 but it can't hurt to ask if they will cut it for you, their contact info can't be hard to find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Galloway Precision are working on milling for the sights used in the SAS. Just saw the video the other day. No info on pricing or what all guns they can make it work on

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Managed to get 10 rounds out of the SAS at the Sig day. Didn’t buy one as they ran out before I got there but they’re holding one for me on a shipment this Friday if I want it.

Grip is small, I’ll need to double up the Talon grips like Hickok45 did but the porting is nice and the dot sight works pretty darn good. The bright light in the lobby the dot really pops out at you, in the range it’s not as bright so a little harder to pick up. But you put the dot on the target and squeeze and you hit it.

I think I’ll get one and make it a pocket carry gun. A little bigger than the LCP2 I pocket carry now but small enough to manage with a Vedder holster. And you go from 7 380’s to 11 9’s. I’ll have to decide if I want a grip activated laser or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts