Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok took my AK-47 for a spin i just got some new TAPCO mags they are ok i have to do some mayor mod to the mag to make it fit my Ak-47 they work great but i wont buy them aging ok back to the story i was all happy and stuff i have only shoot my AK-47 ones so i put the target up first i tryied at 20 feet dame this thing is very accurate at 20 feet i was only using a 8 inch target but it was very good :grin::grin:
ok after i i shoot a few round i decided to try up to 25 yard well i was wow i hit the target all the time
ok i decided lets try some rapid fire and dame i was like dame my JAW started hurting i was what the hell so i put my AK-47 down let my jaw rest then i went at it aging some more rapid fire hitting the target ever time but i started to be in pain so i fired only 3 mags and i gave up after i got home i had a bump on my left cheek and it was all most black and this was on monday night and today is friday and it stills hurts if i touch it:evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
What kind of AK is it?

My buddies Wasr doesn't really like promags too well.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
r u left handed? if so, maybe you didnt have your head down firmly against the stock. if your right handed, i have no friggin clue...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
left or right handed?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have some Tapco mags and had to do quite a bit or grinding/sanding myself as the lip on the mag seems to be to far forward.
Do you have the wood furniture or are you using a Tapco pipe stock? My friend has the pipe stock on his and it beats the hell out of your face, but mine has the wood furniture and it is fine. They both are the exact same type of AK-47. After shooting a mag you have to work your jaw a little expecially if it is rapid fire.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have some Tapco mags and had to do quite a bit or grinding/sanding myself as the lip on the mag seems to be to far forward.
Do you have the wood furniture or are you using a Tapco pipe stock? My friend has the pipe stock on his and it beats the hell out of your face, but mine has the wood furniture and it is fine. They both are the exact same type of AK-47. After shooting a mag you have to work your jaw a little expecially if it is rapid fire.
the wood furniture i am going to find a rubber pad for the AK and see what else i can find to reduce the impact on the AK:cry::cry:

·
Registered
5,759 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I got a Romanian WASR 10 and Tapco mags fit perfect. No modding what so ever. I got a CAA stock saddle for my Tapco 6 and that did the trick, buttpad helps too.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
ok took my AK-47 for a spin i just got some new TAPCO mags they are ok i have to do some mayor mod to the mag to make it fit my Ak-47 they work great but i wont buy them aging ok back to the story i was all happy and stuff i have only shoot my AK-47 ones so i put the target up first i tryied at 20 feet dame this thing is very accurate at 20 feet i was only using a 8 inch target but it was very good :grin::grin:
ok after i i shoot a few round i decided to try up to 25 yard well i was wow i hit the target all the time
ok i decided lets try some rapid fire and dame i was like dame my JAW started hurting i was what the hell so i put my AK-47 down let my jaw rest then i went at it aging some more rapid fire hitting the target ever time but i started to be in pain so i fired only 3 mags and i gave up after i got home i had a bump on my left cheek and it was all most black and this was on monday night and today is friday and it stills hurts if i touch it:evil::evil::evil:
uhh, what?

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
its not a gun its a rifle
Actually, if you want to get really technical....this is its Romanian designation..Pistol Mitralieră model 1963 (PM md.63)

And the bottom of your cheek bone should barely brush the stock-quit pushing your head so far forward and tilting way over to the sight line and you'll have no trouble, tilt it half way toward your eye with your head mostly straight...

Sore jaw...see mow hard he's leaning?? This is my US Chair Force trained brother in law..

I shoot the same AKS all day with no troubles, no 'red marks' on my face what so ever...my cheek is barely touching the stock....

Slightly tilted towards my head...

Same thing with an AKSU 74

Unless you use an AKSU like a pistol...

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Sorry Einheit, but what were you thinking with those pics? There is a mag in there, you're finger on the trigger, someone standing in front of you.....

Sheesh.:confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts