Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I go into the local gun/archery shop today to pick up my bow(she needed new strings and cables)....anyway, while waiting to be waited on i see this gun sitting behind the counter....calling to me.....I tried to walk away...honestly I really tried....but she wouldn't hear of it......next thing you know she's in my hands and i'm drooling over her and....wham....it hit me....."I'll take it".....so now I have a gently use Remington 700 in .22-250, with bull barrel, green composite stock, Harris bipod, and a 3.5x10x40mm scope (can't recall the brand ) that has lighted mil-dot retical, adjustable turrets, parrallax adjustment on lay-away.

I was saving for a Browning Hi-Power but I guess thats gonna have to wait.......why oh why didn't I just walk away......but noo I had to hold it...just had to.....

Now if I can just resist the urge to go backand put that Ithica Model 37 on lay-away too......

So many guns.......so little funds......

·
Premium Member
37,682 Posts
Congrats

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
d-buck,
Let me help you on that Ithaca...

I own a Model 37 Featherweight in 20 gauge (manufactured in 1961)... it is the finest field gun I've ever owned. If the one you've seen is in good shape and at a good price, I'd snatch her up in a heartbeat.

There, now I hope I've saved you from yourself! ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
d-buck,
Let me help you on that Ithaca...

I own a Model 37 Featherweight in 20 gauge (manufactured in 1961)... it is the finest field gun I've ever owned. If the one you've seen is in good shape and at a good price, I'd snatch her up in a heartbeat.

There, now I hope I've saved you from yourself! ;)

Isn't that like taking an alcoholic to a bar....:-o.....j/k

It is an older model 37 featherweight, 12 gauge, smooth barrel, shoulders like a dream, points like it was made for me, action is smooth as silk, gun is a little rough in places but nothing too bad....the guy is asking $230.00 but i think I can talk him down a bit....

Crap.....now I want it even more.....:twisted:

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
PICS!! Or it never happened! LOL! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
305 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Rem 700 I have had 3 in my 57 years. First one was a 700ADL 270cal. I dropped many a dear with that one. Second one was a 700ADL 7mm Rem Mag. Traded that one for a Rem 788 308cal for my girlfriend to hunt with. Third and current is a 700 270cal Rem Custom Shop. 1/2 moa at 100 yards. It's a keeper!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
ad·dic·tion   [uh-***-shuhn]
noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, such as guns, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Isn't that like taking an alcoholic to a bar....:-o.....j/k

It is an older model 37 featherweight, 12 gauge, smooth barrel, shoulders like a dream, points like it was made for me, action is smooth as silk, gun is a little rough in places but nothing too bad....the guy is asking $230.00 but i think I can talk him down a bit....

Crap.....now I want it even more.....:twisted:
$230 is not a bad price if the bore is rust-free and mirror-like. External blemishes can always be dealt with... some even feel they add character. If you can get him to $200, absolutely, definitely jump on it! Even at $300 an Ithaca Model 37 Featherweight it worth it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My dad has a 70's featherweight he bought when he was in college. Its great with bird shot but i put the slug barrel on it and I'm pretty sure it kills at both ends!

But it's silky smooth. :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I stop by to pay a little on my layaway.....guess what....that model 37 was still there.......and yep.....it's now sitting on layaway too......oh well, guess it was bound to happen.......btw...thanks for the support guys:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,694 Posts
Not a fan of lay-away at all. Work on your will power. If something happens, all you put into it will be for naught.

1 in the hand is worth more than 2 on lay-away ;)

I'd have asked to put the 22-250 money toward the Ithica, then hopefully walked out with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a fan of lay-away at all. Work on your will power. If something happens, all you put into it will be for naught.

1 in the hand is worth more than 2 on lay-away ;)

I'd have asked to put the 22-250 money toward the Ithica, then hopefully walked out with it.
Just to clarify.....It's not that I couldn't have paid for both of em, just didn't want to drop that much all at once. I could have easily done it just used some willpower not to. And I have a pretty good relationship with the owner......lets just say theres very, very little risk of me losing anything...just saying. If something did happen I either pay em off, or just have to wait a bit longer...no worries.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Won't say anything to discourage your addiction. My basement is a testament.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts