Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another reason why RBCD is worthless mall ninja ammo. It's been proven that it doesn't perform as they claim, now they don't stand behind their product either.

Got a Glock problem & need help - Topic Powered by eve community

My son-in-law (SIL) has a new Glock Model 36 in .45 ACP that blew the guts out of it and cracked the frame with less than 100 rounds through it. The ammunition that blew it was RBCD, that's made in San Antonio.

Neither Glock or RBCD are going to cover the expenses of replacement or any damages. Does anyone know of any sort of remedy for this situation?

I know, don't buy Glocks and don't buy RBCD ammunition, but that's after the fact.

RBCD says the Glock has an unsupported chamber and that's the cause, even though they didn't exclude using their ammunition in a Glock.

Glock says the ammunition is at fault, so they won't cover anything either. That leaves the total expense resting on my SIL, which stinks!

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
lol! New GLOCK manual: "Caution: Do not attempt to shoot reloaded or factory ammunition from this gun, as this may cause a catastrophic failure..."

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems RBCD likes to load their bullets way above normal pressure. He're a quote from Dr. Gary Roberts testing of RBCD ammo. Aslo seems that the "Blended metal" bullets are plain old Hornady varmit bullets coated in black moly coating, driven at excessive pressures.

Tactical Forums: Login

the LeMas rifle ammunition is actually nothing but lightweight, repackaged varmint bullets disguised with a black coating of moly, and driven to higher than normal velocities with concomitantly higher than normal pressures. For example, the maximum pressure for 5.56 mm ammunition using the military case mouth test methodology is 58,700 psi. When tested using the military case mouth pressure method in a standard military 20” 1/7 twist test barrel, the LeMas 5.56 mm Land Warfare ammunition demonstrated a 10 shot ave pressure reading of 63,200 psi resulting in a 3907 fps ave velocity. Note that standard military 5.56 mm 62 gr M855 FMJ tested in the same fashion yielded an ave 50,080 psi pressure and an ave velocity of 2985 fps.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
THIS IS NOT A GLOCK BASHING POST

The whole unsupported chamber thing with Glocks, I don't get it, what's the advantage? They had some .40's go Kaboom with good ammo in the hands of cops and fought tooth and nail that it wasn't their fault. Well, uh, it's a 9mm with the chamber reamed out a bit more... hmmmm.. the .40 is a high pressure round...

OK MAYBE SLIGHTLY

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
THIS IS NOT A GLOCK BASHING POST

The whole unsupported chamber thing with Glocks, I don't get it, what's the advantage? They had some .40's go Kaboom with good ammo in the hands of cops and fought tooth and nail that it wasn't their fault. Well, uh, it's a 9mm with the chamber reamed out a bit more... hmmmm.. the .40 is a high pressure round...

OK MAYBE SLIGHTLY
So what's the deal with manufacturers not having fully supported chambers? I guess to some extent, they want the feed ramp to be long enough and at the right angle to reliably feed the ammunition, and if you don't have enough internal room in the gun for a longer feed ramp you have to cut into the chamber.... but couldn't they just make the barrel a little shorter, move the chamber a little forward, and have a fully supported chamber with a good feed ramp? Since we all know about the KB possibility in .40, why do they still make unsupported chambers?

(Not talking about Glock, since we all know that Glock = Perfection :mrgreen: )

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't shoot other people's reloads and if I had a Glock I would buy an after market barell with a fully supported barell, and if I was Glock I wouldn't warranty the gun either. I think the son-in-law is SOL:roll:

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Yeah, I don't know the answer, I'm not a gunsmith.
The only Glock I've held that I liked is the model 21 in .45ACP.
And I really liked that gun!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RBCD claims that they are not reloads, all components are new and loaded to RBCD specs. You buy mall ninja ammo you get what you pay for, dangerous over pressure ammo.

·
Banned
284 Posts
If i remember correctly, there are threads on the Sig and 10mm forums discussing KB'd handguns that were using RBCD ammunition.

RBCD
Glaser
Magsafe
Extreme Shock

The above loads are board-certified, card-carrying mall-ninja cartridges that are to be avoided at any price. Yes, they are lethal, but only under ideal situations.

Unsupported chambers allows Glocks to cycle any ammo you feed them.

If you're not happy with the unsupported chamber, or wish to shoot a lot of lead bullets, aftermarket barrels are available for $100-$150

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Well, if the ammo is genuinely dangerous and loaded past legal specs, certainly by now they would have been sued into submission, right?

·
Registered
121 Posts
thats why I would not own a glock, had several at the police academy in SC go boom during range qualifications, talk about making a bunch of rookies eat dirt !

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Obviously an ammo problem, and just as obvious a disreputable ammo manufacturer. I've shot over 200,000 of my reloads through my Glocks with no problems. (10mm, .45ACP, 9mm) .45 ACP is a low-pressure round. No doubt, the crappy ammo was overpressured. Glock's "unsupported" chamber had nothing to do with this incident. Somebody with some balls needs to give the ammo manufacturer a call. If they persist in not paying for the Glock's repair, I'd file a law suit in small claims court.

Glock will repair the pistol, or at last, will offer to replace the pistol with a new one at a dramatically-reduced cost.

P.S. How about a supporting link to a news story about those SC Glocks' blowing up during qualifying???

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I am going to have to look into the RBCD incident. agalindo said it is from San Antonio, U.S.A.? i mention this cause recently a coworker mentioned that we have had 3 incidents at the County gun range this summer, very similar in description. however in all cases the failed ammo was from Mexico, and they did not recall which brand.
has anyone heard stories like this from other areas?

nvxd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts