Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to dilute my tube of TW25b gun grease for use as an oil,
I am also going to dilute my syringe of XF7 into a sprayable oil. I will follow product instructions on exactly how to do this. the TW25b only requires IPA 91 and higher, the XF7 says 99% only!!!!! Where can I find this 99 IPA??? I ve checked Home Depot, hallmans, ace??? Is ISP-heet appropriate for this, it has other additives I believe???

too much grease, need oil lol.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny the why? never came to me. TW25b is a grease, correct? I want to use it as an oil. Mil-comm sells MC2500 oil. the recipe for the oil is on the website, it is made from the grease. grease doesn't spray into nooks and crannys.

on the xf7 website: the same recipe follows, mix so and so ratio with IPA 99.

why? so it will go places grease won't go.

tw25b may be thin , to um let's say axle grease, lol, but I want the consistency of CLP, rem oil etc without the Teflon and other crap in it.

make sense or still why??? lol

Anyway, anyone know where to purchase 99 IPA???

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
also check the price of MC2500 oil. it's insane . I can mix it for 1/8 the cost is really the main why.

the mil comm products have been superior for my uses and it works as advertised. grease is highly available but I rarely see the oil. I just like the product.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here ya go...... LINK

hope this helps, and like the others I wonder why? as you never mention what makes it worth thinning, TW25b is pretty thin by itself anyway, especially when applied as just a thin layer.

thanks , I just saw the link. Did I make more sense now though???

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also for some applications, bearing spots, contact spots, etc i still use the grease- if you can see it on the metal you have basically used too much lol

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XF7 can be thinned out creating a liquid form of XF7 for easier application (available from some of our vendors in 1oz bottles) in little nooks and crannies by using pure isopropyl alcohol. DO NOT use the 70% (30% water) version available at drugstores. Be sure it is at least 99% IPA. It acts as a carrier and allows the liquified XF7 to penetrate and spread. It then evaporates, leaving pure XF7 behind to lubricate and protect.

that was taken directly from their website just so you guys don't think I'm crazy lol

now this stuff is thick, I guess the tw25b is "thin" in comparison to some gun greases.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
either grease is great for non heated application also, such as die lube or press lube. one application over a year ago and it is still there. I guess others could work just as well for that- this is what I own and use and can report on though.

·
Premium Member
127,978 Posts
Call me old fashioned, but when I need gun oil I buy gun oil. ;)

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel ya slugger, but It's as simple as measuring up 2 ozs of IPA and 7 grams of tw25b and wa la!!

saves me paying 15-20$ a bottle for mc2500.

I could use a cheaper more available oil, I know, but I have sh--tons of this grease so this is more feasible for me to mix my own.

I caught a killer deal on the 2 oz grease tubes a while back.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
freebore i recommend mobil 1 full synthetic , six dollars will last you a lifetime.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
freebore i recommend mobil 1 full synthetic , six dollars will last you a lifetime.

I have heard that before. I have yet to try it. I guess it is a synthetic oil though. Still, something seems off doing it lol.
Do you use it??

honestly, I oil enough to get the job done , no more or less. I have tubes of this tw25b grease so I'm set for life really. I'd just like to make oil from the stock I already have.

maybe I will try the motor oil on a SA pistol at the range one day??? strip it down and put it on and just give a try. It just won't be the Browning Hi 9 or the model 29 lol.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I have heard that before. I have yet to try it. I guess it is a synthetic oil though. Still, something seems off doing it lol.
Do you use it??

honestly, I oil enough to get the job done , no more or less. I have tubes of this tw25b grease so I'm set for life really. I'd just like to make oil from the stock I already have.

maybe I will try the motor oil on a SA pistol at the range one day??? strip it down and put it on and just give a try. It just won't be the Browning Hi 9 or the model 29 lol.
I use it on the rails , and underneath the top of the slide area. Pretty same way I use CLP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts