Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Tapco T6 Position Collapsible Stock fit a Mak90????

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
yes...you may need to do some minor shaving but it will fit, you'll need to order a grip nut and screw along with a pistol grip to replace the thumb hole stock. As you probably already know, make sure you are 922 compliant with enough US made parts.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
yes...you may need to do some minor shaving but it will fit, you'll need to order a grip nut and screw along with a pistol grip to replace the thumb hole stock. As you probably already know, make sure you are 922 compliant with enough US made parts.
Sometimes the Chinese guns come with the pistol grip nut and screw...all 3 of mine did...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
would a MAK 90 fall under 922 with just a pistol grip and stock change?

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
as far as I know yes...because you are changing out the thumb hole stock....if someone knows differently please let us both know.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
it might make since it still accepts high cap mags, but it doesnt have a bayo lug or threaded barrel?:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
it might make since it still accepts high cap mags, but it doesnt have a bayo lug or threaded barrel?:confused:
Doesn't matter, if it has a pistol grip and can accept hi cap mags and is semi-auto...you will need the 922 parts, unless you can prove it was purchased before the AWB and the the date of 922/section 18 acceptance date.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
ahh i gotcha now, everything made before 1994 would be an actual "pre ban" rifle even in todays terms. so all pre 922r rifles can have full country of origin parts in them?

·
Registered
212 Posts
You might want to check on the fit of the Tapco stock. I have a thumbhole Mak 90, where the rear trunion is, the receiver is slanted, and standard AK furniture will not fit, as regular AK stocks are cut for a square receiver. Check Ironwood Design's websit for info. They have drawings of the rear of the receivers for various model AK's so you can match yours up. I had to go with a Choate Dragonov stock for mine, although I want to make it parts compliant, and put walnut Ironwood Designs wood on it.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
hmm well ill be dammed lol i guess i never thought about it to indepth past the i need x number of parts on my build lol

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
so my MAK90 is pre 94....sorry to be dense...just want to clarify that I can put what ever parts I want, any stock I want and do not have to worry about having a single US made part?

Are you sure?

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
I have a pre-ban Norinco, and there is nothing to worry about. You can pretty much do whatever you want with the exception of if you make it full auto you need to get a tax stamp and register it and get it approved before you do that. Other than, enjoy your stocks.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
so my MAK90 is pre 94....sorry to be dense...just want to clarify that I can put what ever parts I want, any stock I want and do not have to worry about having a single US made part?

Are you sure?
Don't know if it is or not. If it has a threaded barrel and a bayonet lug, then yes it may well be...are you prepared to take that chance?? Can you prove it was out for sale before the AWB?? No, then get the parts you need-its up to you to make sure you are compliant, and make sure the count part is right..i always do...;)

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I have a pre-ban Norinco, and there is nothing to worry about. You can pretty much do whatever you want with the exception of if you make it full auto you need to get a tax stamp and register it and get it approved before you do that. Other than, enjoy your stocks.
No, you mean go to jail...you're not a manufacturer...

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
Unless you know something I don't, there are parts kits to convert to full auto, but you can't do that without receiving permission from the BATF, registering it, receiving further permission from your local, and paying a hefty fee. I wasn't suggesting anyone convert to full auto, I was suggesting that there are full range of stocks available for pre-ban AK's.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Unless you know something I don't, there are parts kits to convert to full auto, but you can't do that without receiving permission from the BATF, registering it, receiving further permission from your local, and paying a hefty fee. I wasn't suggesting anyone convert to full auto, I was suggesting that there are full range of stocks available for pre-ban AK's.
(A6) Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle?
With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a non-licensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semi-automatic rifle or non-sporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machine gun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a Federal or State agency.
[18 U.S.C. 922(o) and (r), 26 U.S.C. 5822, 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

(N1) May an unlicensed person make a machine gun?
Generally, no. However, if documentation can be provided, along with the Application to Make a Machinegun, which establishes that the weapon is being made for distribution to a Federal or State agency, an individual may be permitted to make the machine gun.
[18 U.S.C. 922(o)(2), 27 CFR 479.105(e)]

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
I guess things have changed, I haven't really delved into the issue for about 10 years, and even then I thought full auto was a waste. I have been issued, and carried full autos. And unless it was range time, I left it on semi. Better shot placements and less jamming in semi.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts