Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was shooting tonight, reached the 2K round mark. Well in the midst of firing, I fired and the trigger would not return forward. The slide was not locked up, a fresh round was chambered. To get the firing pin to fall I had to turn the pistol upside down smack down against the mag well and push the trigger forward then pull it bag as usual. Any ideas on what the prob is? I am sending to springfield tomorrow after I clean it. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
parawiss,
How long have you had your weapon?
why didn't you eject the magazine and pull the slide to eject the chambered round instead of trying to bang the weapon into submission?
Bad.

The problem, maintenance. Best to call the mfg and get the schedule.

Changing recoil spring at 500 and main spring at 1K. Have you done this?

I'm not sure what model you have, mine is the XD40, sub compact, and I don't intend to use it as a duty weapon.

3 clips a week training is 1392 rounds a year. 100 rounds a month is 1200 rounds a year.

Have you called the mfg? What did they say?
Regards,
tgiint

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tgiint said:
parawiss,
How long have you had your weapon?
why didn't you eject the magazine and pull the slide to eject the chambered round instead of trying to bang the weapon into submission?
Bad.

The problem, maintenance. Best to call the mfg and get the schedule.

Changing recoil spring at 500 and main spring at 1K. Have you done this?

I'm not sure what model you have, mine is the XD40, sub compact, and I don't intend to use it as a duty weapon.

3 clips a week training is 1392 rounds a year. 100 rounds a month is 1200 rounds a year.

Have you called the mfg? What did they say?
Regards,
tgiint

It turned out to be the trigger spring, the part that hooks under the trigger bar broke off. They ssent me a new one. so my pistol is up now. Is there a certain list of maintenance like with a car somewhere? I know with the M9 we only change that stuff at 5 and 10K intervals. Waiting on new parts now. I average about 500rds a month.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi parawiss,
Springfield, per telephone conversation, has no armory scheduled maintainence other than changing the captive style recoil spring after 2k-5k rounds. Other than that, striker pin/spring, extractor, trigger spring/bar etc is a "no schedules" made based on empirical data or engineering advise.

Basically, the only empirical data they had was from a rental gun range that the owner claims to have had 250k rounds through an XD sub with a couple recoil spring changes.
Also, when the round won't chamber or extract, change recoil spring.

I think after 100k rounds I will send my XD40sub in for a complete change of all internal springs. The rest I can do myself.

Regards
tgiint

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks. I know how some companies want you to send your gun in after so many rounds and isrequired by some to keep your warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts