Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all:

I was under the impression that dealer to dealer transfer (FFL) had to done by overnight mail (either FedEx, UPS etc..) Has anybody ever heard of a handgun sent UPS Ground?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Its is my understanding that dealer to dealer they can send it whichever way they like, private individual to delaer it must be overnight. I know I just bought one out of PA and I am in MD and fed ex is gonna take 3 days to get it to me, thats why I hate fed ex, 1 state over 3 days WTF?

·
Registered
442 Posts
You suck. I sent mine from Arkansas to Geneseo, IL and it cost me $48 and change! My friend sent his mil-spec in last year and they paid for the shipping up front for him. Oh well... It's off to have an Armory Kote and a set of Trijicons installed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Corey G said:
Its is my understanding that dealer to dealer they can send it whichever way they like, private individual to delaer it must be overnight. I know I just bought one out of PA and I am in MD and fed ex is gonna take 3 days to get it to me, thats why I hate fed ex, 1 state over 3 days WTF?
They allow guns in the Republik of Maryland? :lol:

·
Registered
833 Posts
They allow guns in the Republik of Maryland?
Yea we get a whole one a month which is killing me, and they write your name down when you buy ammo, we perfer to think of it as a comunist nation. They even try to charge me sales tax when I did the transfer WTF is that. I am seriously consideirng moveing to PA.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the history, my point is when somebody charges you $25.00 shipping and insurance it's because they are overnighting it not becaus they want to make a little extra on the back end.

JDW

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Yea I have mailed many a firearms for 5 bucks priority mail USPS to bad non dealers can do the same. You know Ill tell you the post office is cool around here no one has ever questioned the firearms in the mail, one time the postal lady even asked what I had got while I was checking to make shure I had recived the correct firarm. I had recived a Colt single action she said it was a pretty gun. Now you compare that with UPS stores (not really ups but independantly owned) and they have a **** fit.

·
Registered
833 Posts
TRYZUB said:
I appreciate the history, my point is when somebody charges you $25.00 shipping and insurance it's because they are overnighting it not becaus they want to make a little extra on the back end.

JDW
Doubtful its overnight shipping at that price, 1 lb is $15, just for shipping, then you add in insurance about $5, and your quickly past the $25 dollar mark. If its a dealer most lickly its priority if its a person most lickly they are breakcing the rules.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Remeber when using UPS ask for overnight airsaver. This will save you money over the overnight morning delivery. The airsaver is cheaper and is overnight...infact if you were to order two things one overnight morning and overnight airsaver they both go out in the same delivery truck UPS will deliver everything all at the same time so you get your airsaver package in the morning. Or like me I know my drivers route and where he eats lunch so I just meet him and save him a delivery and pick it up from him.

Only fedex is stupid enough to use three different trucks to deliver packages to my same adress.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I have had handguns sent to me by UPS ground from manufacturers after repairs. I was advised by UPS that it is not required that handguns be sent overnight, ground is OK. I know a handgun I bought on Gunbroker.com was sent to my local FFL by USPS ground mail. I have checked the ATF website and could not find any requirement for handguns to be sent by overnight courier. I have also sent one handgun to a manufacturer for repairs (which they arranged the shipping for) and the courier who arrived put ground shipping labels on the package. This to me means that overnight is optional. If it this is wrong then the ATF is making a real secret of the regulation on their site.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Funny, last time I shipped a gun by UPS the clerk actualy suggested the ground route, I was going to ship it overnight. She knows it was a handgun as I opened it up and let her see it was unloaded. Also she knows I only come there to ship guns, we know each other quite well by now and talk guns (she shoots) whenever I am there. Hmm, interesting. BTW, the gun got there fine.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
bluebomberx said:
You suck. I sent mine from Arkansas to Geneseo, IL and it cost me $48 and change! My friend sent his mil-spec in last year and they paid for the shipping up front for him. Oh well... It's off to have an Armory Kote and a set of Trijicons installed.
My shipping was 14.22 with 600 insurance!
Buy the way save a copy of the recite if it's covered under warranty they will reimburse you I faxed my in yesterday :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I sold a 1921 Thompson, and while trying to ship it to an out of state ffl.
i found that most ups stores are franchises. the franchises would not ship the gun. I had to go to a company owned place. they packaged it very well and shipped with no problem

another thing i learned is that the franchises are allowed to charge anything they want for insurance while the company stores charge alot less. the difference was staggering while shipping aircraft cyl. to a shop for repair. $4,000 worth of ins. at a franchise store was $150. the company store for the same coverage was $18.00

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Corey G said:
Yea we get a whole one a month which is killing me, and they write your name down when you buy ammo, we perfer to think of it as a comunist nation. They even try to charge me sales tax when I did the transfer WTF is that. I am seriously consideirng moveing to PA.
PA aint much better

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
fedex overnight runs less than $25 for me

·
Registered
173 Posts
NExd said:
Corey G said:
PA aint much better
Are you kidding!!! PA is world's better compared to most states. We have a D- score with the Brady Campaign. $19 for a CCW, no class, no hidden charges. $19 which is app fee and background check. No bans on assault weapons, or hi-cap Magazines. Our constitution states that the INDIVIDUAL has a right to keep and bear arms. We are a shall issue state. Don't let the fact that we have a democrat for a Governor cloud your mind.

The only restrictions worth mentioning is your not allowed carrying concealed within the city limits of Philly without a special permit, and your not allowed to hunt with a semi-automatic rifle.

I joke about Maryland only because I work for that state's DOC, and I always hear my co-workers bitch about how hard it is to get a CCW there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts